Leave the top leaf topping

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grnthumbgorilla, Dec 6, 2010.

1. so ive been trying something new with amazing results been taking first 2 to 3 sets of big leaves suckers off top working way down plant after about 2 to 4 weeks into veg. By doing this plant seems to think its been topped and lower branches spring into action and race to top after 3 t0 7 days lower branches catch up to top now we have many tops me likey.. Have buddy comin over will post pics anyone ever heard this befor by removing big top leaves lets the sun shine in with multy tops you win.:d

2. by chopping off the top set of fan leaves you are doing pretty much the same thing as topping or FIMming, your redistributing AUXINS(Plant growing hormones) to lower nodes and therafore the lower nodes force branching and it creates multiple tops.
    However : Chopping off sets of fan leaves isn't the best way or redistrubiting auxins and getting lower branching, The best Non-stressful way of achieving this is to do LST(Low Stress Training). Meaning using garden ties/wire/twine tie down your young plants, keep on doing this as they grow and soon you will have to tie down your lower branching because within a 10-14 days the lower branches will be taller than the MariStem.
    Do a search for LST or plant training and you will find all sorts of images and info.
    This is only my 2 cents, but doing what your doing is stressing your plants an awful lot, and yes LST may not be "natural looking" , but it is alot safer for your plants, Unless you want hermies...

3. never really had hermie problems before just fingered no ties no mess no fuss just few leaves on the floor but then i sweap um up clean=good green.