Leave Society Behind.

Discussion in 'General' started by stoned budda, Oct 20, 2008.

1. I have long desired to cast off from the lunacy of society. This, self-consuming, hateful world has never been for me. The only thing I can take away from it is my son who WILL be taught all the cruel anti-values we are raised to admire, and hold above all else. At the very least he will have been warned which is more that I ever got.
    With a father who was (and still is) a hunter and trapper I am well suited for an "extended" plunge into the wild. With the way the world seems to be escalating into enviornmental and civil collapse it might be sooner than later.
    Lots of un-populated areas here in Canada to slip away in.

2. After i saw into the wild in 2007...ive always wanted to leave and do that but at the same time i don't think i would make it because of the crappy food i would have to eat lol

3. You are not crazy! I wanna live off grid so bad!!! BUT... It comes at the cost of losing my husband and kids and thats not something I'm willing to do. I agree with you about the way our country is going, and I'm hoping that when people REALLY start to open their eyes and see how bad it is/is going to get, my husband will decide to leave with me.

Either way, possibly later this year, I want to visit North Arkansas. There is a small, off grid community out there. Myfamily and friends keep telling me that I will hate living like that, but I long to live in simplicity, instead of the craziness of the city. If I go out and visit, I can see for myself. I'll determine what to do from there!

Do what makes YOU happy! Even if you just visit somewhere or give it a try(living off grid), it may help you decide what path to take! :) Best of luck!

BTW, Into the Wild is one of my favorite movies. Very informative and inspiring! :)

4. yes!! Tired of being a slave to money,,,bills etc....i recall on other side of bahamas the warm water, tropical fruits and abundant fish...etc..just give me my books and some good family//friends ...etc. Here on earth you have gods world and mans//peoples world..i choose to leave society but with my luck the gov..will put a kabosh on that to somehow,,someway.. Discusted at 49

5. At 49 tired of being a slave to money and bills etc...always said you have gods world and mans //peoples world meaning society. Recall the other side of a tropical island i went to with abundant tropical fruits and fish,, warm water etc... I would love to live there few good books and a few friends//family but with my luck the gov..would put a kabosh on that too.

6. Bump...
    ive been planning this lifestyle for a while.

7. #87 Lushiro, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
    You are not crazy. Yes, for the last 4 years i've been thinking about it. Living in this modern society is not my kind of life. i'm only existing and not actually living. One way or another i'm going to live my dream at least once. i'm tired of being a slave to the system. Remember, we can never know how capable we are until we're actually in that situation. When it will happen i'm actually not sure yet. All things take preparation, even this. I know that this wont be easy, far from it. Life is not easy. It will require patience and hard work. I'm looking forrward for the day where i'll be living and not just existing. The day will come. Respect to anyone who dares to take a lesser walked path. Anything is possible, never allow fear or the opinions of others  dictate your life. Go chase, embrace and live your dream!!

8. this thread is like a time capsule..