Leave Society Behind.

Discussion in 'General' started by stoned budda, Oct 20, 2008.

1. #41 cheebaa, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
    My opinion-

Things change when you actually are carrying everything you need to survive.

I attempted to go for a two week hike across NH and only made it 5 days due to a foot infection. And this was after training (hiking, camping, running, exercising,eating right, etc....). Also its mentally tough when you are first realizing you are on your own- and the only one who can help you is yourself/your mind. Its an awakening when you realize that you have no vehicle, nobody, only the food you can carry, only the supplies you can carry, and no money.....

I'd love to leave society- but just up and doing it like so many people think they are capable of is pretty fucking rediculous. It takes time, planning, training, and a whole lot of mental toughness that todays society does not just instill in you growing up- instead you need to develope that mental toughness which is the hard part.

Also I think people are very rash in their decision to want to do things like this- I think the best thing is to test yourself (like I did for a couple weeks in the toughest environment you can find) and see how well you react to the situations that come up.

2. lets destroy the anything that has to do destroy our mother nature..
    let the nature take over...
    so we'll be living in nature all the time..

condor (heart, intuitive and mystical)
    eagle (brain, rational and material)

for past hundred of years.. we been living through eagle path...
    now the condor is coming back, and eagle and condor will united
    hope so..

3. lets do it brotha

4. for sure man, I don't get the chance to be up there nearly enough. Yeah, we got everything we'd need to survive within biking/skiing distance and more importantly, some friendly neighbors who have lived up there for generations a couple miles down the road. Winters are tough, but survivable with a little homegrown. The place is not too fall away from the Tahquamenon Falls actually.

Unfortunately, we've noticed some new development down our road and the next parallel one the last few times we came up. More of us fucking trolls moving up there everyday.

5. I've been thinking about doing this for quite some time now. There are many downsides to it, so I'm still trying to think of the perfect way to accomplish this.

6. I dunno man, some of us growing up in the wilderness were born with that kind of toughness. While some may squeam at the thought of ripping open a fresh carcass, others may think of it as a right of passage.

As long as you know what you're doing, you can survive out here. If you don't know damn well, then study up - or else you'll be food for the scavengers.

Godamn Trolls, GTFO!
    Yall be stealing our Copper, Fudge and Pasties!

I keed, I keed. ;)

No way Buzzard, you live in the UP?

7. i have a similar plan.
    i advise those of you who actually posted locations to delete your posts.

8. agreed, lol.

9. If anyone feels they would like to leave society behind but that they would me more comfortable doing so in a group or communal situation, please contact me so we can discuss things and make it happen. Thanks!

10. i consider it daily.
    and by a certain age if life just isn't going according to plan, i am going to do it.

11. yeah just dont be like that dude who went to Alaska and didnt bother to bring a map or compass and died from eating poisonous plants

12. You ARE society.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0f2aFhZ3Uk"]YouTube - Monty Python - Hermits[/ame]

13. #53 g0pher, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    If i was a spiritual person by nature then yes, but im not, rather i'm more of a happy loner, who happens to like society.

Fuckit i love the society we live in today, its people, knowledge, cars, sports, technology, fads, dramas, events blah fucking blah and i love it. I've had the privalege of experiencing all different 'types' of places growing up cos my parents were movers. And i loved those places we lived in. But you know what i recognise is that my ultimate happiness when im fucken 80 and all i have is my memories would be to fill my day with as much spice and gravy as i can, experiences, which i'd have few in variety if i was away from mainstream society for years on of my life.

I'd like that better than feeling the world passed me by

14. go read into the wild bro lol!

ive thought long and hard about it the major con, being alone which is the same thing that christopher mccandless found before he died in the wild in alaska.

you must be prepared and bring lots of gear, know your surroundings and have read ALOT of books and bring seeds and all the essentials.

but being alone is just not cool. unless you can find a bunch of people to come with u. i remember seing a guy on NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC who lives deep in a park in DC and hes a wealthy scientist.

15. #55 Jakigi, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    True...

OP, Wouldn't you feel better at the end of your life if you fought the garbage in society instead of running away from it?

We have to stop suckling the establishment's tit. Become independent, self-sustaining people. It's hard though, because everywhere is owned... property taxes keep people locked into the system... I dunno.

16. That 'dude' was Chris McCandless.

That was such a tragedy for the family. His grandparents lived a town over, and one of my buddys was his cousin.

17. #57 eldude-arino, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    often... and I think I could pull a "into the wild" type thing off for a while... but I'd need to test myself first... I value my possibilities in life too much to risk ending up like Chris McCandless

edit: haha, ironic you mention Chris the post before me...

18. It amazes me how many people are down with the idea of leaving society behind. What if we all actually did something about it... We're like the sentinels in the matrix when neo puts the machines in zen-mode, gliding along from birth to death, few straying from the group's path. We all picture a better society, but we're too satisfied with our complacency. I hope a future generation has the balls to do something.

• Like Like x 1
  19. i always wish i could leave the world behind while still living here. live one with the earth and not with mankind. would be amazing, do some acid, shrooms, herb (of course). just be your own species in the world would be super dope.........but i cant cuz i gotta pay the bills.

20. thought about this myself and have been thinking about it more often everyday. i love nature but dont know much about it, and i feel like society is so fake and we drifted away from nature and our roots.

also i hate the fact that we are slaves for the government

• Like Like x 1