Leave Society Behind.

Discussion in 'General' started by stoned budda, Oct 20, 2008.

1. i think about it all the time. THing is, while i do like nature, I don't like it enough, or know how to live in it enough to ever consider it an option. I hate the constraints society has built up. I really hate everyything about the world. Everything is so connected that its almost impossible to survive without doing things we are forced to do. We still do the same things humans did 1000 years ago: work for food, clothing and shelter... the things we need to survive. Except now, we don't go hunt, or make our clothes.... we just work for money, and in turn this money can buy us the stuff we want or need. I can't stand it, personally. Now, we are forced to buy things that we don't even need, but we really do need it because of the way society has been built up (ie insurance, car, gas, television, the numerous bills). Society has really fucked up. I look at it the same way i look at any other living organism (i actually learned this from just starting to grow lol). I'll refer it to a growing marijuana plant:

THe plant needs its natural surroundings to be recreated as perfectly as possible. Otherwise, it will be under stress, and not grow to its full potential, or be as happy as it could be. I see the world as the same way today. We live in an artificial world, and everything has become so unnatural, that human stress levels are just absolutely insane. I think thats the ultimate thing thats been leading to the ultimate unhappiness of humankind. Its really annoying, and frightening. I wish i could think of something to do. Sorry for the long rant, but the world has been getting to me so much lately. I actually just got off the phone with my mom, because it was the only thing i could think of doing to comfort me a little bit lol. Call me a mama's boy or w/e you want lol, but the worlds got me in panic mode, and i don't know what to do. I know theres others out there who feel this way (most of us it seems), but that doesn't comfort me,,, i don't care if im alone... i just wish people were happy. Why can't we realize how unhappy we are with the world today and try to make it better???!!! argh!:devious::confused::mad:

im going to dunkin donuts, getting a coffee, breakfast sandwhich, hashbrowns, and then rolling a big ass blunt. I didn't go to class today (ultimately adding to my stress), and its time to just fuckin chill... i just hope someday i have enough influence where i can help change the world for the better. I feel like its the only reason i was placed on this planet

/random ranting, explaining, opinionating, venting and complaining done.

2. That guy is our country in about 2 years depending on how things roll out.

Attached Files:

3. i might have to join you...we'll grow a stash galore.

im hardcore considering leaving this country, not because things are getting so bad, cause honestly, if you think about it, were so much better off than 70% of the world, and even with the other 30% even with a recession at hand

im more worried about history and time...its been evident throughout all of history, a nation gains its independence from its opressor, people promise change, a couple hundred years go by and the country implodes on itself without the need of an outside force.

the ottoman empire, romans, greeks, all great empires of their time, and now its america's turn, we came up quick, established dominance(after 1812) had a civil war stayed strong, but now its come to the point where since were seen as the "#1 enemy" to most other countries that its innevitable for our entire infrastructure to fall apart..

if anyone knows history, you know that nations that were HUGE for their time have just straight up disappeared before. that shit can happen again even in the technology age.

4. I made a thread about this before, I'm so fucking down to just dissapear. I wanna go ghost and never be heard of again.

5. The only thing I see currently that would result in society collaspsing in N.A temporarily would be if McCain wins the election BUT dies of a heart attack before he is sworn in. There is no precident and the speaker of the house under Bush would be in charge until the supreme court got done arguing it out which could take 6 months.

Even then I don't see it society collapsing unless all the Palin-like right wingers start chanting we want Palin and marching through the streets.

Now that I think about it ... that would be insane. They drop thousands of pounds of bombs onto insurgency camps... imagine what would happen to a nieghborhood full of militant Anti-goverment Palin supporters(Becuase of an in-favourable court ruling).

It would be more F***'d up then Wacco.

6. Yeah I seen the film mate..........I can't believe that guy did that.......but he was sooo happy...........sometimes I've felt that, I think it's only a feeling certain people get........especially stoners...........what are posessions?..........I've often thought...........what is money?..........but when I get to what are people, I have to stop...........I'm kind of depressed, but sometimes I wonder if it's due to my lack of acceptance of others ideals!!!:confused:............Peace out.........Sid

7. I already live like that 3 months out of the year, but I'm planning on doing it permanently in the near future. (Gotta find a woman crazy enough to do it, though.) :rolleyes:

Lot's of people might think of a Log Cabin for rustic living, but another great idea is a low impact earth home. http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm

8. i always wanted to do that..
    i might..

9. Oh Palmer... you picked a good spot in case things go down. The UP has 1/3 the landmass of the state, with 3% of the population. Lots of natural resources - you could live here for years without being bothered.

I love being a Yooper. :cool:

10. every damn day. If some of you want to buy some land I'd be more than happy to pitch in.

11. i too wonder what money really means, and just have stared at a dollar bill pondering it baked.

i too would love to live off the land. i make my own longbows, and know a lot about hunting and outdoors.

also have some ILL wild game recipes from the pops. hes a god.

so invite me only to get the best munchie food ever, and a handy craftsmen.

12. quite an insight there if i do say myself, id love to do this unfortanatly i don't contain the knowledge to do this but i do not think it would be particularly hard to, i think i probablly will eventually, this world pisses me off

13. Kind of. I'd need to learn how to. More likely, I would be like everyone else and buy some land somewhere. It would be nice to be rich enough to only live secluded when I wanted to, and to also have a place in a city in America where I could work and whatnot. Maybe spend my summers at my central American place or something.

14. I don't know if many of you here will know who DrBudGreengenes is but he lives in the wilderness in canada. No electric, no phones, no food. He makes his own power and food. He has a satellite connection for internet I think. O did I mention he harvests 3/4 oz of dry bud per week? Without fail that is.

15. Times not right yet, but at some point in my life thats precisely what i see myself doing. It would be nice to just drop off the grid...

16. For sure a dream of mine....

I just don't have the money to get started.

So I'm stuck living in this sick society.

Oh welp.

If I ever get the chance.... Im out!

17. #37 dankbuds27, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008

One thing i know if not anything else in this world, is that it doesnt take any money to be completely free, you only need the will to survive whilst being free.

As for me, im waiting for the fall of western civilization, or zombies :D, if either ever come i hope im ready, if i don't see either i'll be happy with what i have. Mainly because you need others to survive sanely, and generally people dont take this as a move of sanity. If its one thing i enjoy, its my sanity :D

18. I don't have the knowledge to survive off the land, I would need money to prepare completely.

Zombies eh? http://www.impactguns.com/store/DD-A008361.html

19. i just got lost in that site. Thanks for that :wave:

20. I love living in the UP. It's so great and unspoiled up here.