Leave or unplug

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr Cheeze, Feb 12, 2018.

1. I think that your light is not working properly and that's why your plant is stunted.
    Light should have way more blue and white. I'm pretty much only seeing red in your pictures.

2. It looks like that’s just the way his light is. You can see that all the LED’s are on if you look at the picture that shows the LED’s.

That’s how many of the cheaper led panels look when on. That classic blurple - sometimes it’s more red than blue, other times more blue than red. Depends on the spectrum configuration they chose when manufacturing the panels.

Edit: mind you this doesn’t mean it’s not malfunctioning, just doesn’t appear to be.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

3. I
    It is stunted and it's cause of this 1518590843284827099557.jpg and do U really think it's broken or st the lighting of the camera 15185908712682011908455.jpg

4. That one picture shows all the lamps on. I'm going with just a cheap light. Except the whole not shutting off all the way thing. That's definitely not part of the program.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Awesome thanks alot for clearing up some of my questions I have a timer but it's a shitty hard to use one so im going to buy a better one tomorrow for now I'll unplug it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wasn’t trying to offend you or anything. Just saying the quality tends to reflect the price point.

Why don’t you just slap a MH bulb into that 600w ballast/fixture and be done with it? Assuming it’s able to use MH bulbs that is...

7. I've never done much research on mh but assuming it's similar to hps I don't think I have the fan setup to control the heating and no im definitely not offended the light only cost me $150. That's what I started with and I've been building on it ever since. Im currently saving and building my second kit thats going to be for flowering with my hps setup and I want to build towards another clone/veg bay and turn my current one into a little motherplant. This all won't happen for a few grows yet but I'll get there ;)

8. Yes heat is an issue with mh and hps, I would’ve spent that 150 on a good extractor fan and it would’ve been much better. Oh well, there’s always next time.

9. Well the thing is if I started with an extractor fan I would of had no light and I can get away without one with the one I've got. I actually used my first harvest to buy my ballast. So I wouldn't be anywhere without it and if ur thinking $150 USD I mean $150 NZD lol

10. It’s still an issue you need to solve if you plan on using that hps during flowering... getting the hot air replaced and more co2 (ie fresh air) to the plants is absolutely essential. Not to mention the smell, which will be an issue if you don’t have a carbon filter (especially if growing is illegal where you are).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yep my first attempt went horribly wrong. I actually stopped using it and started using natural light. I know fans are important but they are expensive. I am gonna get them within a month or 2. I am going to attempt to flower with my hps in my second bathroom hoping that the extractor fans and a powerful circulating fan can keep up otherwise I'll put it outside. Im situated in a pretty good spot so smell isn't a huge problem

12. why the fuk do you need moonlight ...if the blue light is still on when you flower it will mess your plant up ,,mac,,

13. Lost cause Mac..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Well U don't need it but is their evidence to suggest that a plant doesn't benefit from moonlight

15. i kept trying to tell him about the light being on when he puts it in to flower but he just wouldnt listen ,,he now seems to speak better english when the other guys tell him the same thing ,like you dont need a light on to imitate moonlight ,,,lol....mac,

• Like Like x 1
  16. What makes U think im not listening I've got another light for flowering

17. moon light does not effect the plant ,,but what you got is LED light which will effect the plant when you put it into flower so if you cant switch the light compleatly off when you flower the LED what are still on i will mess the plant up ..you do not need Moonlight ,,mac.

• Like Like x 1
  18. well you never said any thing about you have another light for flowering did you ,,,but what ever you dont need any LED light, moon light in veg or flower ,,,mac,