Leave in dark or chop and start drying without seeing them for 4 days

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by A.Friend.Indeed, Jul 11, 2018.

1. It is harvest time but I am going for a long weekend with my wife leaving Friday morning. I am torn between the 2 choices in the title.. should I leave them in the dark still alive for 4 days or should I start the drying process? It is moderately humid here but I have a dehumidifier to keep it at whatever I need and a buddy to empty the water for it so environment will not be a problem besides for the fact that it's been a consistent 30c/86f. Drying humidity is good at 45-50? I can do that but how does the temperature affect the dry? Will 4 days be a risk? Ive only dried in lower temperatures..

Also will not watering plants that get watered every 2 days be good with no water for the last 4 days of their lives? I don't want to come back to anything bad. Time is not an issue, no rush to dry them.

2. I would rather leave them alive for the 4 days if it would be ok. I've heared of people leaving them in the dark for the last 24-48 hours for resin production but ive never heared of 4 days..

3. Leave them in the current light schedule and have your buddy water a couple of times while you are gone. There is no need to keep them in the dark for four days. It took 8-10 weeks to form the resin on the flowers, four nights of dark will not give a noticeable increase in resin production and can lead to powdery mildew outbreaks.

PW