Leave a mark on the world

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Vincelounge, Jul 21, 2005.

1. It bothers me so much these times, I cannot live in this shitty world without leaving something to it, something concrete or just a thougt that would make sense to every human being. When you think about it, it is so disturbing, every person that you cross on the street (you may see them only 1 time in your whole life) could die the next day and you wouldn't even know it. Now think about your life, then tell yourself they all have lives as complex as yours. We all have something to give to the rest of the world, but the society is so fucked up right now, we're going nowhere.. sorry if I'm making it big, i'm a bit drunk

2. I see where your going with that, but whats the main point your trying to say?

3. I guess somewhere along the way everyone wants to make something big...be a hero or claim their 15 minutes of fame. Make their name known throughout the world.

But I don't think that's too much of a point. The little things do matter a lot if you ask me. Just helping out a neighbour or someone you accidently meet on the street can make a big difference to them. I think that's really woth it.

4. After thinking again about it, it was hard by the way, every person is just as equal as the others. What pisses me off is that ordinary people like us can't tell our opinion, and the media that have nothing to say will just break our ears with their ridiculous and superficial things to build a fear that will lead people. All that leaving a bad mark on the world, then it means influencing society in a bad way, slowing down our brain and puting shit in it to make us built the big shit factory that is the society right now. That means... FEAR, it is a weapon. sorry, alot of hate tonight

5. Ah...just fuck it...there wil always be stupid people in the world. You can either live with them, avoid them or exploit them. Just try to not let'em get to you....

6. See your saying to leave your mark on the world by making your name known like a hero or in history but thats kinda a selfish way of leaving your mark and its pointless because your just being remembered by stuid people. I think that leaving your mark is influencing the world by helping it weather anyone realizes it or not and that could be raising a good kid to insure that theres good people in the future. Or something of that nature

7. What are you talking about? we can make are opinions heard, it is just harder than it should be. We would be alot better off without society, it would stop alot of the pointless bull shit happening in the world today if we turned are backs on our societies and acknowledged that we are all people. religion is another big problem, religion and society go hand in hand and succesfully make the world a scary place to live in.

8. The real question is.. If we were able to make our opinions heard, would they listen? You need a flock to have a sheperd. And try as he might, the contemplative sheperd will never convince the sheep that the world is round. The big difference here being sheep don't have the ability to comprehend human thought.. But humans can have the stupidity of sheep.