Learning to Meditate

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by QueenKrisR, May 2, 2016.

1. I'm attempting to learn some basic meditation techniques and I've been following this person jbittersweet on youtube. I highly recommend doing days one through 3 then watch day 4 STONED. It turned my brain inside out.

The hope is to quit smoking and it's going to hit the fan today. Hopefully this can help.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Meditation is not going to give you anything you do not already possess. Hopefully, you can see the good in this comment.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Remember this. Meditation will not give you anything, on the contrary it will free yourself from the layers that are not you, not your true self. So ya, probably smoking lol

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. it will open the door to give yourself the gift.

more space in your mind, more peace, only a few minutes a day away... and we're running around like crazy all stressed out over matters that don't matter.

what meditation offers is already here. but we are too blind to see it, feel it, grasp it.
    meditation connects us to what already is.

• Like Like x 5
  5. I enjoy meditation, it was hard at first trying to get my brain to quiet down but once I began focusing on my breathing it allowed my mind to settle and I ease into a restful meditative state. I listen to binaural beats which really stimulate the mind

6. I'm up through day 7 and they're just so fun to do stoned. It's like your brain turns inside out. My anxiety is much lower and my mood is much improved. I'm even having beneficial health results. I can't recommend these enough.

• Like Like x 1

7. I love meditating if I could do it all day I would. I'm actually thinking of going to a retreat. I've had so much peace in my life it's amazing

8. Your mileage may vary, but I only got the point of meditation after I tried it with cannabis. Once I'd achieved an altered emotional state through the use of the two together, meditation on its own made more sense to me and I was able to find the principles in the various practices that worked for me and apply them better. I'm not saying that you must use cannabis to meditate, but that it can help you in figuring out what works for you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. A monk once told me: Just focus on the breath which then i replied but i am still thinking about breathing.. How can i become thoughtless?

He replied: Focusing on one thought is a form of meditation young one, Much better than many thoughts isn't it?
    In time you will master everything as focusing on the breath is the key. The rest will come naturally.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I love meditating. Very centering practice.

11. I love meditating too.

• Like Like x 2
  12. @QueenKrisR thanks for the video! I'm just getting into mediation and finding that inner peace, and I think these videos will help!

13. Meditation is a key. It opens the gate to your core. For me, the gates are superficiality, greed, unreasonableness, and blindness. It opens the gate and let you see beyond the surface. What you see is another gate, which you might like or hate, or it might trigger some deep hidden feelings or memories. I believe continuous meditation is necessary to achieve true inner peace, the state of letting go of everything.

But I also believe balance is needed if you don't want to end up a monk meditating on a mountain.

14. Quieting mind is tough too! I have tried mediating before sleep using a guided meditation app, very helpful but I want to go deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. The person I learned most of my meditation skills and tips from is this;

Sam's Garden

Sam helped me out a lot. He'll answer any and all questions you have about anything. If anyone has a Tumblr, I'd highly recommend giving him a follow and if you don't, bookmarking is a recommendation as well. All of his posts are top notch, in my opinion. I was a follower of his in his early days of blogging back when I had an account a few years back. He's very patient, informative, and resourceful. His knowledge of philosophy and religion is pretty accurate too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Good luck on quitting smoking i too (we all) have addictions. That video is good but the voice was not palatable for my tastes. ;o) When you get real serious about meditation you might want to check out this guy. But he is set up to take you beyond all addictions including pot at some point as well as the proneness to hang with normal ppl and keep reincarnating... He has tons of free Y.T. vids and credits.

17. Find out what works for you- some meditate in groups, some enjoy it alone. One can practice anywhere, anytime, indoors or out. Stick with your practice, even if it is a few minutes every day. It brings a plethora of positive benefits to any and all practitioners.

• Like Like x 1
  18. A method i have found to help is simply listening quietly to everything and your surroundings and being the observer instead of the thinker. Be patient, just look, breath and enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Live in the now.

Check out my first grow.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x6'-tent+-Newbie=what-could-go-wrong?.1420015. Sent from my magical device that provide bud pictures and hot girls

• Like Like x 1