Learning Japanese!

Discussion in 'General' started by Durchii, May 29, 2006.

1. I picked up 'Japanese for Dummies' the other day and im gonna make a pot of coffee and start reading. I love the japanese language. Does anyone else know it or want to? I'll tell you how much of the basics this book tells me. I hear it takes like 10 years to perfect the language.. So I'm actually looking forward to this.

2. Here are images of the books I have.

Attached Files:

3. I'd like to learn Cherokee (I'm part Cherokee), and maybe Latin and French.

4. I have no desire to learn any other languages.

5. lol...why the hell??? u learnin japanese just for the shits and giggles?

6. My ex took three years of intense Japanese in High School. It seems kind of interesting to learn. Good luck with it.... if you like anime, watch that. One thing Ive learned from immigrant friends is to watch a show in the language you want to learn with subtitles in the language you currently speak. THey did it with Spanish to English, and anime is about the only readily available mass market for Japanese films here in the US. So that's a great way to pick up on conversational Japanese.

However, Kikujiro is an awesome live action Japanese movie you could watch subtitled.

7. are you on of those people that are jap obssesesed with the cartoons and everything?

8. KONICHIWA!...my dentist told me how to say no fight in japanese...but that damn Gas made me forget!

9. I wouldnt consider myself 'obsessed'.. I watch them occasionally. And I figure if I have a fully japanese series to watch in the japanese language, I can work on my lingual skills by mauybe..talking to the screen? :p

And not just for shits and giggles.. I also want to visit japan occasionally.