Learning a new language.

Discussion in 'General' started by TranceKid, Aug 10, 2011.

1. I'm using it now and I think its great man.

2. I know German, which is only similar enough to Dutch that you pick up pieces of what people are saying but not all of it, causing more frustration than if you didn't know what they were saying at all.

3. Everyone in the USA should learn Spanish, I think.

4. good luck for u.

5. I wish English had verb conjugations. Learning other languages would be a lot easier. lol So many others have it.

6. Are you sure you aren't thinking of gender instead? Because English most certainly does have verb conjugations.

I am
    He/she/it is
    We/they are

And so forth.

7. As hard as I try I can not figure out the reason for word genders. I know a bit of German and I took French up until junior high but I forgot all of it. I want to learn Danish, I have the Danish rosetta stone somewhere on my computer but they only have Danish level one.

8. #28 Verdurous, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes, I'm sure. lol English doesn't have any regular conjugations similar to like French, Italian, Spanish, etc. We have tense suffixes and 'to be' is kind of like an irregular verb, but we treat them more like separate words than conjugations and the tense changes apply to all subjects, so they aren't really conjugations.

9. I live in Amish country. So I hear the Dutch language quite frequently, Seek day ruck nu. :)

(I haven't studied German spelling, so what I do know, I can't spell for shit)

10. You've exhausted the limits of my grammatical knowledge.