Learned the hard way about buying a Glass pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Squshey, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Bought a small glass pipe from a small store today. Got home and after started looking over it, it was covered with cracks on the inside. Bone of the cracks were on the outside but after reading some threads on here, I thought to try and return it right away. They asked me if I dropped it, and I said no of coarse not. Did not look like he believed me but he did let me exchange it for another. So I guess it is a lesson learned that look over your glass pipe before buying. This is the one he gave me in return. 0 cracks, and looks decent, and vary usable. I'll defently be going back to that place again.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I end up dropping all my glass pieces. I got a new piece once, got home and was removing the paper they wrapped it in and dropped my stem and bowl. Had to drive back for replacements. I both love and hate glass.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The answer to your prayers is an acrylic one with glass bowl. Use Transformers Bongs i have added coolers and ice packs. so that i have unbreakable and changeable

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've never fucked with glass pipes because I always stand up & drop them lol

I just use cheap metal/wood ones then when it's clogged/dirty I'll order another :laughing: I only really use them for hash though so it doesn't get that bad :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Glass is like a dog. You look at many before finding the right one. You introduce it to your friends. You love it, clean it, and feed it.

But you go into it knowing it won't end well.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  6. In my opinion, you really can’t go wrong with glass. I never spent of $30 on a spoon. If I dropped it and it broke, it wouldn’t be that big of a deal. I was probably looking for an excuse to get a new one anyway. I’ve broken countless number of glass in my day, countless.

In my expertise, the heavier it is, the better. It means the glass is thicker and most likely it will be harder to break. Get use to inspecting them closely before you buy, this way what happened to you doesn’t happen again. And, just some advice, the more you spend, the sooner it will break, lol. Seems like whenever I bought expensive glass it ended up breaking before I was done with it. If you keep it at or around $30, you won’t be too disappointed when it shatters in the parking lot of the 7-eleven because you forgot it was on your lap when you got out of the car.

As far as I’m concerned....glass is WAY better than any other material out there. You get a better drag off it and it’s fairly easy to clean.