Learn from my mistake, now with pictures

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by StealthBomb, Jun 11, 2009.

1. #1 StealthBomb, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
    so i hate for this to be but first thread on GC but everybody has to start somewhere right. so i just finished building my stealth box yesterday it is 4x2x4 ft with a 400 w switchable ballast and a 1000 cfm in line fan :). so after testing my box for half a day temp and humidity were right i decided it was time to start my crop. i had been soaking my 8 feminized lemon skunk from GHS in boiled well water, (yes i let it cool before i put the seeds in silly) had already prepped my grodan starters so all i needed to do was sow my seeds and put em in the box to germinate :hello:. so after sowing said seeds i floated downstairs to put my new found freinds in the box. this was at about mindnight.

So around 5:30 am i woke up ( i have sleep apnea all pity me :() and decided i should go check on me babys. upon walking into the basement i smelled HOT and if you've ever smelled it before you know what i mean. so i hurridly unsealed my doors and looked inside and to my dismay this is what i found. so for all yous peeps designing a new box remember "DON'T HANG YOUR LIGHTS WITH COATED WIRE" i used 50 lbs safe work load coated wire to hang my light because it's less bulky. i used two wire clamps per connection and it still broke and fell on my babys and i almost burned down my house. so for all you out there please learn from my mistake you don't wanna have this happen to you trust me.

[​IMG][/URL][​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. That sucks big time, glad you didn't burn down the house though.

3. absolutely nothing wrong with coated wire strip the coating then clamp it u tard then it cant melt and slide off