Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

leafy bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kushallday, Jan 17, 2009.

1. what does a leafy bud mean? does it mean it wont smoke as good or it wasnt finished growing?

2. leafy bud is just weed that hasnt been trimmed properly. Trimmers will use scissors to cut the extra leaves off the bud. Before it is delivered to you, buds are covered in leafs. Trimmers will usually be paid in more weed for doing there job.

It is ok to smoke, but its easy to just pull some of the extras off. If there are alot of trichromes on them, get them off in a kief collector or grinder.

3. leme help you out.
    This picture was taken from themasochist(amazing bud btw ) see how its all tight and no extra shit? maybe youve never got leafy bud.
    [​IMG]
    now look at these, these are before theyre trimmed
    [​IMG]

4. If it's cheaper, I'd actually prefer leafy. I could use the leaves for joints.

5. leafy bud sucks because the leaves are taking up weight and you're getting less smokable stuff in your sack.
    if you grow and have tons of leafy buds, trim them well and make some hash

6. #6 Iluvatar, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
    Just like everyone else said, leafy bud is manicured improperly. If the leafy parts have a high concentration of trichromes, there's no reason to trim it off. Thats probably why you see so much leafy bud, growers wanting to add weight

7. Think about how much leafs weigh. Over all it would only be a few grams from quite a few nuggets, so leafy bud just means the grower got lazy with the trimming of the stuff they sold off.

8. growers dont trim, they pay people to do it specifically. and extra leaves can take up weight. My friend trims and knows all about it

9. Well of course it would be different for every grower, small time growers don't go around hiring teams of trimmers.

I don't mind leafy bud as long as its part of the nug itself, and covered with crystals.

It all depends on strain/growers setup/experience.

10. they make the smoke really harsh

idk about the whole grower pays trimmer thing. Im sure they get help but i doubt they have a timmer staff ready to trim their harvest at any given point in time unless they are all friends or something lol:rolleyes:

11. #11 falcon10911, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
    Yeah my first dealer was a pretty big time grower and had a group of 3 friends, including me, and he would trade his crops worth of work trimming for 3gs of dried and trimmed bud, and let us pick the nugs.
    He taught me everything I know about trimming and soil growing.

So I don't doubt that theres huge grow ops out there with teams of people all in it for the money. But most of the time you'll see friends just chipping in for a share :D

Have you ever seen those trimming machines on youtube? I think they're complete bullshit, probably rape the weed of any tric's it ever had a chance of keeping.

(Also sorry if it seems like Im trying to jack the thread or something I'm just really blazed after a 4 bowl wake and bake haha)

12. Well if it is a large operation, obviously the grower is going to get people to do the trimming for them. But, if it is just a medical patient with a few plants I doubt they would need help unless they just wanna do it with a friend or something.

For example, the huge outdoor grows in NorCal, they give jobs to lots and lots of people to trim as much as they can and pay by the lb trimmed etc.