Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Leafy bud? Good or bad?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cayy, Sep 27, 2012.

1. This might be a stupid question, but I just bought some bud from a dealer that has never steered me wrong, but the bud she sold me is really leafy. It has crystals and trichs and it smells dank but I've never had bud that is so leafy.

Is it just that the grower didn't trim it well? Should I get rid of the leaves or smoke them? They are all crystally so I would think it's good to smoke them?

Thanks guys.

2. I like to trim ALL the leaves, I do not sell any of my home grown, nor would I ever plan on selling it, however it looks much cleaner...and I love clean trim nugs. :smoking:

I've smoked bud with some leaf, and I've seen some that looked like the grower chopped the fan leaves and hung everything else and sold it...it gets you high, as long as trichomes are on the leaves...you're gettin' high, but when those long ass leaves are dried up draping the buds...that's just poorly trimmed weed.

:bongin:

3. Hmm. Ok. Yeah the leaves are really white, so I guess it's ok. And yeah you're right it does look a lot better with trimmed nugs.

4. I'm not an expert with judging bud just by its looks, but sometimes if I buy leafy bud it's just pure sativa. Maybe it's the same in your case? Not sure! But anyways, trichs and crystals are really all I care about :)

5. Yep, poorly trimmed. Or the grower might have said "damn there's a lot of trichomes on these leaves, i'll keep them here"

Lolwut :bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hey, isnt it all about the tri?. No Use in cutting it all away, i see it as big waste! As a grower that doesnt smoke, im really interested in what you guys want and expect and whats good to smoke?........answers on a postcard please

7. No not cutting to throw away, but to be used via another medium such as cannabutter. Getting into the buds is ideally what you want as that's where you're finding the majority of trichome production which will provide a more potent and smoother smoke than compared with leaf - even if they are coated in trichs.

8. The leaves have value for making hash or edibles.
    Hash will take more than you'll get off this, unless your getting loads like this dont bother.
    Id maybe consider cutting them off to keep for edibles (mixed in with some bud but can bulk it out)
    If you dont do edibles Id just try smokeing a bit and see whether the harshness is somthing you can live with or whether you think its worth the time to trim yourself

9. not the end of the world. Ideally people don't like leafy bud because you basically just want calyxes and trichs. leafs and stems basically just fuck ya on weight.