Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Leafs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by McPuffer, Aug 31, 2009.

1. #1 McPuffer, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
    Not sure if i used the correct spelling of leaves or leafs or w/e is right but im getting some super nice bud from my dealer. Big nugs, loads of crystals and hairs, mix of purple haze, AK, and bubble gum. Only thing is, it has all these leafs at the top.....not really sure what to make of it. They look like normal leafs, they got crystals all over them but ive never seen leafs on bud before....So what should i do with it? Ask him to trim that off before buying or just let it be? Do they weigh very much?

Edit: Yea the title is wrong. It is leaves......Damnit....

2. Oh and what can i do with leaves? Can i make anything with them?

3. Im not to sure but im pretty sure you can collect a bunch of leafs and make cannabutter.

4. Leaves can be used to make any sort of edible (check out the "Incredible, Edible, Herb" section of the recreational smoking forum). They can also be used to make QWISO hash (google it) or I guess you could smoke them, but I don't recommend it.

5. Well a little bit of leafs are ok. The bud part of the sensimilla(female plant with no seeds) plant contains the most THC/Cannabinoids(the stuff that gets you high) the leafs that are close to the buds will be covered but the leaves do not have as many THC/Cannabinoids compared to solid bud and I bet it also depends on the strain as to how much they weigh. less leafs/stem = more THC/CBN per gram = getting more higher with less

6. Damn, that hash looked nice in hashmoufs guide (it was the first result when i googled qwiso hash) Might give that a go. Thanks guys!

7. You are welcome, enjoy.

(Btw, you can use stems, leaves, or bud in the qwiso method)

8. if they are fan leaves, i would ask him to take them out and re weigh the bag

9. Fan leaves?

10. yeah plants have 2 types of leaves. fan leaves and sugar leaves. the fan leaves have nothing on them and are the size of people hands.

crystal leave or sugar leaves grow with the bud, and got sprinkled with THC crystals. normally they are trimmed off and made into hash or butter.

11. They are normal sized leaves. Probably around 1.5-2 inches long. Is there any quicker or easier way to make hash other than Qwiso?

12. I don't know anyone that sells buds with leaves on them. That's just...weird. Sort of a ripoff, too.

If I'm making edibles, I usually just ask a grower for spare clippings and leaves. That's a much better way to go.

13. QWISO hash takes like 6 hours to make. its pretty fast imo.

14. if theres enough roll a joint with it. that would be tight as hell

15. You know...I just had an idea. What about making a pot cigar of sorts? Not a blunt, but like, wrap the ground up buds with fan leaves as the wrapper? That would be awesome.

16. people do that here: [ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/7171835/The-Joint-Rolling-Handbook"]The Joint Rolling Handbook@@AMEPARAM@@/docinfo/7171835?access_key=key-1qu262so4ihmf7znisro@@AMEPARAM@@7171835@@AMEPARAM@@key-1qu262so4ihmf7znisro[/ame]

17. 6 hours?! Have you even done it? Both times I've used the QWISO method it's taken like 2 hours MAX.

18. It can take longer if more ISO is used, thus requiring more time to evaporate. It would also take longer if you were making it from, say a pound of trimmings opposed to an ounce.

19. Any GOOD qwiso should be 'cured' for at least 24 hours before it's used. Rushing it makes a poor product.