Leafs turning Yellow and brown spots after spraying water

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by microgrower, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Ok so im using potting soil and vermaculite mix i made. I sprayed my plants with city water and i think the chlorine burned my girl? i just wanted confirmation or theories. Please Help asap. I have not been useing city water to water her i used bottled distilled water. How can i help her recover?The leaves are curling but i think its from over waterig cause i had to leave for 5 days. P.S. i know you have to leave the water out overnight to let the chlorine evaporate i just forgot.

[​IMG]

[img=http://s18.postimage.org/wx5baa35h/Photo0050.jpg]

2. I doubt that's caused by chlorine. It looks like the plant isn't getting any Phosphorus. The light may be making it look lighter in the pic, but it looks like the pH may be off as well. I can't see the whole pot, but it also appears to be past transplant time. You should check the pH, create a good pH'd soil mix with Worm Castings and an organic source of Phosphorus like Bone Meal or high-P Guano, and transplant into a larger container. A half strength high-P tea would be a good idea to wet the existing soil with when transplanting.

3. #3 microgrower, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2012
    I am transplating it today. It hapened overnight so thats why i thought it was the chlorine, it is actually lighter the the pic, I tried moving it away from the light cause you cant see it under the light.

4. Just got done transplanting. You were deffinatly right about it being overdue for a transplant.

5. How is the plant looking now?

The reason I ask is I have a young plant and it's lower leaves were yellowing out like yours. At three weeks I think it needs a transplant as well. I have prepared my new pot and water the plant this morning. Will transplant tomorrow morning. In my FFOF mix I added t tbls of bone meal and 1 tbls of Blood meal. I hope it helps.

6. #6 microgrower, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
    Its great now went to lowes bought some cheap potting soil. Replanted in a plastic coffee can. Sorry for such a late reply lol.