Leafs are dark green

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Deleted member 1060069, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Ia this normal for leafs to be dark green it's gna be the second week of summer in cali and I think the leafs are whilting of the heat and my water schedule I WATER 1 GALLON OF WATER A DAY 20190701_115408.jpg 20190701_115423.jpg 20190701_115426.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looks pretty healthy to me. Leaf edge taco'ing is a sign of heat stress but since it's just the very top I wouldn't be too alarmed it could be Genetics as well. The leaves are praying to the sun, there is no tip burn, and I only see one leaf tip with a downturn claw which is insignificant imo. Just keep doing what you are doing. Best of wishes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. THANKS FOR THE REPLY BRO!! MABEY LATER ON IN THE SUMMER I MIGHT PUT A MESH COVER OVER TOP CAUSE DANG THERE'S GOING TO BE WERE THE HEAT IS GOING TO REACH 110 OR 109 DEGREES IK MAN AND PLUS THESE HEAT WAVES BUT THANKS AGAIN WELL APPRECIATED!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Np. I was just out in the garden and thought of your post when I noticed some of mine taco'ing on a few few tops. It's right at the hottest part of the day here so its expected.

Just tied the heat stressed tops over for some LST without a care in the world about the minimal heat stress as they are much bigger than a few leaves.

Best of wishes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. My bad brother just got off work now. Plants are looking nice brother. Didn’t realize you were here in CA too brother, nice. :)
    Don’t know what part you are but here in Nor Cal the weathers been all over the place. We just hit 100 degrees less then a month ago and now it’s been staying relatively low to mid 80s o_O
    Leaves are looking nice though still
    I was taught praying leaves are actually a good thing. Only when they lose that “ waxy” look is when they start getting heat stressed imo
    Looking good though my man!
    Keep it up!
    O.Z.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Check out @vostok posts about using aloe. Fascinating! He says it's really good for heat stressed (or about to become heat stressed) plants. They do not look too dark to me, at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've been supplementing with kelp for the last 3 weeks, and it has helped. Use 1/2 tsp of FF Kelp Me Kelp You every feeding. First feed added 2 tsp then 1/2 tsp every feed after that. Have a lot less heat stressed leaves now. Temps have been bouncing from 95 to low 100's.

• Like Like x 2