Leaf tips pointing down

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mainegrower84, Jul 26, 2017.

1. IMG_1171.JPG IMG_1170.JPG Why are the tips of this plants pointing down? I have 4 plants on the same watering/light schedule and this is the only one doing it. Thanks

2. They have a 300 watt led about 21 inches above them and a fan oscillating. Fox farm potting mix. 19 days from breaking surface. 75 degrees in tent 51% humidity

3. If they are really dark green looking and pointing down then it's called "the claw" from to much nitrogen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. They look fine. The fox farm soil may be a little too nute rich, but nothing to worry about. Some strains are just more sensitive to it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. They don't seem any greener than the rest of the plants. It's just weird that only the two leaves on one plant are doing it and all the rest have had the same conditions. How would I fix a nitrogen problem if it worsens? Thanks for the info

6. Like the other dude said man should be fine, maybe just give a little lower dose of the nute that has most N in it example 0-5-4

7. Are they all the same strain? Also nitro claw isn't to big of a deal in veg just let it grow out of it granted it doesn't get worse... my bagseed strain I grow is very picky about it's N but eventually straightens up when I flower and go on a bloom schedule.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok. I'm probably just over thinking again. I haven't given any nutes yet. They are 19 days old. I plan on starting small amounts of nutes in about 5 days

9. My bad if you have given no nute don't wanna confuse you I'm a newbie I just had a similar problem these dudes are Better to help :)

10. Three of the plants are bag seed( the one in the pick with the drooping tips is bag seed) and 1 of them is a northern lights cross

11. Ok thanks for your info. This is my first time and I just don't wanna mess it up any more than I have already lol

12. Does not look like you have messed anything up man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I gave them a pretty rough start lol but they bounced back well

14. I would hold off on adding nutes until you've transplanted into bigger pots. I usually wait 3-4 weeks from seed to introduce any nutrients.

Are you going to use the Fox farms trio?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bagseeds are a crapshoot all are different it's not uncommon at all for one to be more tolerant to nitrogen than the other so that's why some are showing problems and others aren't... you could always clone the ones that handle the soil you use best so you don't have any problems next grow.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ok maybe I'll hold off a little longer. I have the bio bizz try pack being shipped to me. After research it seemed simple enough and then try pack has the three in 250ml bottles so if i don't like it I can switch on my next grow.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ya mines doing the same thing, tiny bit bigger than yours. The fox farms ocean forest can be a little hot for seedlings. Like some guys said you'll be fine just wait it out. My noob advice would be to not add nutes untill the plant looks like it needs it. Definately not when it's still nitro toxic. Ocean forest can supply your plant for like a month. I'm guessing if you repot into more ocean forest that there will be some fresh nutes in the new soil

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  18. Im not using the ocean forest. I should have been more specific. It's the happy frog potting soil. I read it was better than ocean forest for seedlings.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yep I can go into mid flower without any nutes using fox farms haha. If you do try switching up nutes your next grow I'm having pretty good luck with dyna gro... gotta bunch of bottles for 30 bucks (a sample pack) they screwed up my first order and sent me some extras to make it up . But still for 30 it comes with like 5 different bottles of nutes. lol I got enough to last me for years now. But it really doesn't matter one way or another unless you specifically want some organic product. I'd imagine the fox farms will do you just fine anyhow.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  20. Oh haha. Just wait it out

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum