Leaf tips curling down

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jiaenz, May 25, 2016.

1. My leaftips are curling down .. I havent added any nutes yet and they are 3rd week into flower now . Im using led lights , they are 15 inches above the plants and i water them each 3 or 4 days .. The last time i watered them was 2 days ago . Any suggestions here ?

Attached Files:

2. Hello i´ve searched a bit and it seems like it´s Nitrogen Toxicity.
    If you are not using nutes yet it may be the hot soil.

3. What do i do to solve it ?

4. Cut down a little bit on the nutes

5. Ok well in that picture it looks like your plant has the "claw" which is nitrogen toxicity. However if you haven't used notes it doesn't really make sense because even if the soil is hot it would have burnt it earlier on in the grow and you would have thought it would be sucking the soil dry due to it being in flowering.

1. Give the soil a flush with 2-3 x the volume of the pot with clean ph'd water.
    2. Allow to properly dry and allow the pot to get light.
    3. Don't give her any nitrogen but think about some flower nutes maybe.
    Peace.

6. Need a MUCH better picture of the problem area as well as a picture of the whole plant in clean clear light. A pic of an indiscriminate leaf tells us nothing. Never post a pic taken in LED or hps lighting because they are color affected. You judge the overall health of the plant by the new growth. So if your new growth looks OK and is the normal color and nothing weird is happening with coloration, your plant overall is good. But some clear pics would be the most help. You do not water a plant every 2 or 3 days, by the way. You ONLY water a plant once it is almost dead dry. This is totally different than anything done in normal gardening. It's always about retention of water for a plant with most growing. But with MJ, you must have excellent drainage and not water the plant until it is allowed to dry out. Depending on the size pot you started off in and the type soil you're growing in, neither which you mention above, the plant does not need extra nutes until it has used up what came in the soil. Nutes are just plant food. Plant food is necessary once a container grown plant has had the opportunity to use up the nutrients naturally in the soil. Giving before, just fries your plants. The plant needs only pH'd water (6.3 to 6.7 for soil grows) until it has had an opportunity to root into whatever size container you're growing in and start to growing foliage again. Until the root system is established, the foliage doesn't grow much and the plant uses little to no water. Only after it has formed roots and starts back growing do you worry about watering again. Over watering is the biggest killer of plants by new growers. If they're not drooping over, they're not too dry. Just let them dry out because the plants don't like moisture around their roots all the time. If you started in a large container, no nutes needed until WAY on down the line.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I had a lot of yellow leafs on the bottom of my plants . I trimmed them because they werent getting any light anyway because they are very bushy . Ive taken some new pics and i still have the same problem .. The claw . They are in week 4 of flower now , and ive added green sensation booster since 1 week , its just pk . Im growing in 5 gallon pots and im respecting the scheme of the suppliers nute program . I dont think its nitrogen toxicity because i havent fed them any nitrogen . They are the sixt week in this soil now ( plagron batmix ) . Some of the new leafs are curling as well and im concecernd about it since this is my first grow . Humidity is always between 40 and 65 rh and temperature is about 29 celcius lights on , 22 lights off . Please help me solve this claw problem

Attached Files: