Leaf tips curling down like claw

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by darkstone, Jul 9, 2010.

1. What could cause this?

I'm currently growing DNA La woman and Nirvana white widow under 300watt GLH LEDs and some CFLs. They are 5 weeks old on day 2 of 12/12 and get Fox Farm nutes as directed on the bottle. I use a pool ph test kit (the one with the dyes) so I can only aproximate my soil as at somewhere between 6.2-6.8. The humidity is probably low but I mist them often.

You can see more photos in my grow journal in my sig

[​IMG]

2. looks like n over dose and mag def or toxic salt build up
    try flushing

3. You have the "claw". It comes from too much nutes which builds salts too quickly and you get the claw. The extra salts also then "lock out" your plant from absorbing nutes and the yellowness is a N deficiency. Flush with 2-3 times amount of water the pot holds with pH correct water. It may take a few days to a week to recover. Good luck.

4. adding a few drops of dish detergent (not soap) to a gallon of water and watering with that also helps aleviate soil lock up.

good luck for a happy harvest!

5. generally speaking it has come to my knowledge that its a good idea to do half of what the directions say on the nuts, especially FF. less is best, then you can go from there. i prefer to do less more often

6. I flushed and replanted them into bigger 3.5 gallon pots. Toxic salt build up / ppm too high was definitely the problem. I bought a mw801 ph/ec meter to monitor this more closelyin the future.

Thanks for all the great replys :hello: