Leaf tips browning

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Earlybloom, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Hello all, pictures are attached and ideas?

My set up is a 4ft H 4ft L 2ft W
    Ive got 6inch induction fan
    2x 4inch outlet to carbon filter
    30cm Desk fan in tent
    300w viparspectra reflector
    Hp 500 viparspectra
    300w meizhi reflector both at 22inch
    7L himidifier going while lights are on keeps the RH around 55-70%
    temp sits around 28-31c/82-87f
    ph water at 5.8-6.1 ppm 60 (filtered)
    Using coco nd perlite watering roughly every 24 to 30 hours
    Inflow 600ppm
    Outflow 7-800ppm
    Lights 20h on 4h off

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm no coco grower, but 600PPM seems a lot for a seedling, even in hydro/coco. Just my noob opinion though

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 200-300 ppm is much better for seedlings. Feed them twice a day if your mix drains well. It’s the fastest way to start seedlings. I can have 5 nodes and begin topping and training, in two weeks.

Also, you might want to place those clear cups inside opaque cups. Roots don’t like light

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I agree with Soil2Coco. Way to strong of feeds. I've grow plants out using 600 ppm. One example would be Raspberry cough from Nirvana seed. I'm not sure how many of those lights your using... But, for those small seedlings one 300 watt led would be plenty.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Okay ill change my mix up straight away hopefully its not to late for them?

This is one of the girls u helped me fix around Christmas time she was super droopy lacking a feed..... now look shes loving life

Would u recommend watching some youtube vids on topping and training?
    And do u find topping and training to be most beneficial at around 5 nodes tall?

Thanks again

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. A

All information is definitely helpful and appreciated
    Ill give that site a thorough read over

How big should i let it get before transplanting to bigger pot?

Ive got some 5 gallon fabric pots, i find they dont drain as well as plastic should i drill some holes or just stick with plastic pots?

Thanks again all information is useful

7. Fabric pots root prune. No need to cut holes for drainage. Are you watering to get runoff? If not you should be. When I was growing in coco I was using 3 gallon fabric pots. I was averaging 3-4 ounces dried and jarred per plant. I always used a modified mainline for my plants. Here's one of 4 White Widows that was my last coco grow. I started all my coco plants in 1 gallon air pots and then transplanted to 3 gallon fabric as the air pots gave me the best root structure of all the pots I tried. Again, Soil2Coco may offer different advice. 20181217_221907.jpg

8. I always grew in one gallons and intentionally rootbound them so I could feed 2-3 times a day. I would get 3-5 ounces for 4 weeks veg. Topped down to third node once fifth node was starting. Kept nodes 2 and 3 and trained out to an x pattern. I call it the redneck manifold. It’s quicker since keeping two nodes and all the laterals on the 4 mains become tops with them pinned down. Once the plants are wide enough, let the mains grow vertical and either top them again or let everything go and you’ll end up with 12-20 tops in a short 4-5 week veg. You can use three gallon pots and feed less often. I grew a pounder in 3.5 gallons of Tupur

• Like Like x 3
  9. When I put my 250W led on seedlings, I find its too much light for them or I have to set the light so far away that I'm just wasting electricity. I just use CFL's to get them going for the first couple weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I only fed once a day. 3 liters per plant. That coco was the Mills DNA coco with cork. It also comes pre-charged but maintained a ph of around 7. I didn't like that at all. I did add some perlite as it was my first time using coco with cork. I used GH CocoTek for nutrients and had very good luck with it. I am a full on no till grower now. That was my last coco grow.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I always used Royal Gold Tupur which had a great fiberous texture and drained so well. I lost my supplier when the local hydro store closed. He had 6 bags delivered monthly for me and one other guy locally who used it.

I’ve since moved on to No Till as well. 15 gallon pots. I’m mixing up another batch soon and practicing KNF as I learn more. Homemade lactobacillus and FFJ’s of banana and grapes, strawberry, and blueberries. I will be making a worm bin soon and reserving space for comfrey and stinging nettle in the garden next year. Along with foraging the humus layer and leaves in old growth forest, my soil should build quickly. It’s all so fascinating and free. I love not dumping chemicals down the sink anymore

• Like Like x 2
  12. Reading that i think i might downsize to some 3 gal fab pots for transplant, id be happy with 5-8 oz but heyy ill be super happy if i get more :)

Haha! The redneck i like that i will be certainly giving that a go... have u got a photo of early stages to give me an idea of what it should look like?

13. Yeah ive noticed my plants being burned a few times from light being to close they go a purpley colour super weird, ill have to look into some cfl's

14. T5’s in 6500k or a 4000k quantum board work great for vegging. I never had much luck with the blurples in veg. 20 watts per sf of qbs will veg fine.

15. Here they are after topping and pinning mains down. Just keep moving the restraints further down as the mains try to turn vertical until you’re happy with the shape.

[​IMG]

16. I

That not ideal ill have to look into getting a not purple light for veg, have u seen the ts series from mars hydro? Ive been looking at getting a couple of them

17. That sounded more complicated then it looks i recon i could accomplish that lol
    This is really gonna help cause im struggling with height atm in my set up....

• Like Like x 2
  18. A cheaper quantum board option. They use older SMD 5050 diodes, but seem to do alright. I would look at the Spiderfarmer lights for cheaper options. I think they use Samsung LM301b diodes

19. Will have a look a getting one next week :) thanks for the heads up, even though i want cheap option i still want quality

• Like Like x 2