leaf tips are just barely brown and turning down

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lazyeye, May 23, 2009.

1. I'm 3-4 weeks into flowering and everything looks pretty healthy and green, but today I noticed several areas where the very tips of the leaves are turning brown and turning down slightly. Is this a nutrient thing or a heat thing?? I'm set up in the attic, so heat does get to be an issue.

Also, I have a few areas where the hairs are starting to turn red. How far/how red do I let them get before harvesting?? Any other good signs? (I'm shopping for a good book to help with the harvest, but not much on-hand.)

Thanks - lazy

2. To determine when to cut them down, you need a microscope to examine the trichomes. I believe there are some sticky threads about this already.

As far as your brown tips, sounds like they could have gotten too close to your lights and been burned a bit? Or it could have been a nute deficiency, hard to know from where I'm sitting.

3. It could be heat or nutes, but its not uncommon to get yellowing leaf tips towards the end of flowering. I just harvested a LR2 this afternoon at 83 days, and only the leaf tips yellowed, but not the fan leaves. Kinda interesting.....

4. its normal on some strains, my bagseed plant has this going on but its thriving great and keeps on producing buds. It occurs in mid flowering when the plant starts syphoninig off nitrogen in its leaves to get more bud production. If it spreads further really fast it could be heat. However, my box is hovering between 75-82* (hottest point right before lights out) and they are fine.