Leaf tip curling and yellow spots - help! (pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by slickbob, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Hydro or Soil - Hydro (DWC)
    Type of light? 45 LED Growpanel
    "Atmosphere" Conditions 69 low, 75 high. Humiditer in room not sure % though
    Waterings DWC rubbermaid DIY
    PH Range Around 5.5-6
    Nutrients/Supplements Problend Veg, havent gave her nutes in about 1 week. No flowering nutes yet
    Pictures if possible! Provided
    Design and Dates Plant is 43 days old.

This is my Eazy Ryder girl at 43 days old. She is starting to develop her buds but a few of her fan leaves have these yellow spots on them - PH is around 5.5 and the temps are around 73 all the time.. just added a humidifier to the room, but other then that i am not sure what this could be from.

Attached Files:

2. Anyone i have exact the same issues in my 2 weeks old plants in soil

3. #4 kent grown bud, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
    looks like your running your nutrient strength to high!!either give it a flush or lower your nute strength

4. they are heat spots mates from ur LED's could be the fact a small amount of water was on the leaves that might of caused it, they are extremly green a tell tale sign of nitro overdose flush and lower nutes, that might help. KAT

5. To flush should I just empty and refill the rez with ph'd water and hold back on nutes for a little while?

6. thats the one mate but dont worry u havent got a serious issue just drain it and use ph balanced water mate. they will bounce back in a week

7. Alright I designed my DWC system without a drainage...so i had to manually scoop water out to change it, i was able to get most of it but about a half inch of water left at the bottom, i wouldnt of been able to get it out without damaging the root system of her.. so i just added new ph'd water to the system, ph is around 6...

Is there any product i can add to the water to flush it? I read about clearex or something like that... Basically im not able to drain all my solution without possibly damaging my plant.

8. not unless you get a hand pump and pump it out manually that is your only way really, try and get as much water out as you can then use ph blanaced water, and see how you go my man, you havent been smoking in ur grow room have u ?

9. you can drain it and refill using a drill-pump or other kind of pump...

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/62861_lg.jpg

Basically its a 10 dollar(ish) item you can use with hoses/clamps to move water from point A to point B.

Might work for you if you just stick one hose into your bucket and the other end into an empty tub/bucket and drain it all out.

Then pump the new water back in from another bucket.

Good luck broseph!

10. Watch that nute strength man...make sure you change out your solution every 7-10 days. But you will be good

11. yea man that should be fine just get the water outa there and flush with ph balanced water and everything will be okay KAT