leaf shortage?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by designatedtoker, Oct 25, 2004.

1. my female plant is about 6-8 weeks old, it is a foot tall, and dosent have many leaves on it... and its not branching out at all... its bagseed so i dont know if i got maybe like a retarted strain but i know its a fem because i can easily see the pistils... i dont really know much about growing so i dont really know what im doing, and i know its growing slower because i dont wanna use ferts... but any help would be appreciated... i'll try to post pics tomorrow... thanks!

2. Well can't really help to much until we know ur setup, like what kinda lights, type of soil, maybe a pic. If the plant is mainly stem then it might be becuase you have ur light to far away. Is the stem is fragile you may want to get a fan on it. Anway post some more detail and u'll get more info

3. its growing in dirt... with a 200 watt flouro about 2-3 inches away from it

4. sounds like the plant was stretching for the light but it could also be the spectrum that ur floro is putting out...does it look a little redish or does it seem really blue?

5. yes and hers exactly why there not branching,wrong amonts of water and or water ph.check to see if ur leting it dry out till it need water,weigh it,start there as your need to water mark+then measure in ounces how much water u giv in ounces,on next watering,u can up that or lower that by a ounce at a time,plant will let u know wich direction to go,will look better.sounds lik u got to much.i would check the water amonts first,see how it goes once u got the water amont in check it just a matter of correct water ph if you hav problems after that,that arent food related. a good draining mix 50% poting sol,25% verm. 25% perlite.usin this mix 4 inch pot 6inch tall plant gets 3 ozs of water.6inch pot gets 4-5 ozs dependin on plant size,and that with a good 2inches of perlite on bottom.peace xxxx