Leaf question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OG Yoda, Feb 21, 2013.

1. My plant is about a month old and only has 2 sets of leaves? Shouldn't there be more than that!? Btw I am growin mid, it stands about 7-8" tall but only 2 sets of leaves.

2. image-2144012846.jpg

Here is a pic

3. There are 5 limiting factors which are necessary components for plant growth:
    water, nutrients, CO2, Light, and Temp/humidity

Deficiencies in any of those will limit growth.

Other thoughts I have....

What temps are the seedling being objected to? Cold weather will certainly slow growth. It's snowing where I live right now so I can't even imagine growing outside this time of year.

Your soil looks really dense in the picture and the roots may be struggling to grow in it. Remember, there's as much growth happening to the plant under ground as there is above. What's the composition of your soil mix? I don't see any perlite or some other kind of aeration amendment to help give roots "breathing" room.

Also, with that much stretch in the seedling it's often a sign of a lack of light.

4. as gtb said, it's because you got no perlite in there. Roots need O2, so as they are, they're stifled. Mj needs an aitry soil mix (30% perlite). As for any other seasonal greens. perlite , lime and peat allow to build an airy soil instantly. Old timers don't use it in their gardens (unless they're stoners lol) but they have compost , manures which attract worms and bacteria which make the soil airy for O2 and good growth.

5. So Compost will make for an airy soil?