Leaf problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dabs710, Nov 1, 2017.

1. #1 dabs710, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    Not sure why, happening on a couple leaves with a few spots. Leaves seem to be turning a bit more "pale", heres a few pics of them.

2. How many plants? A few look Deformed

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Give some details. Strain, temps humidity, ph, age

4. Strain : White Biker from Karma Genetics (White OG X Biker Kush)

Temp : Approx 78F

Humidity : 65 - 70%

They sprouted October 12th from seed and have been topped and I'm about to LST.

5. I'm growing in Coco. I have a suspicion of Cal mag defiency.

6. #7 dabs710, Nov 1, 2017
    6. Only 2 - 3 noticeably have this problem.

All other leaves look okay, it is only the ones in the pictures that are problematic. I don't want it to spread.

7. What’s your feeding regime?

8. #9 dabs710, Nov 1, 2017
    Daily feed

Tap water

.75 ml / gallon Cali Magic

5.5 ml / gallon each of canna A + B

Supplement with Real Growers Recharge in lesser amounts than suggested

2 ml / gallon Rhizotonic

1 ml / gallon Cannazyme

1.25 ml / gallon Protekt

and of course some pH down until 5.9, it goes up to about 6.0 - 6.05 after I add Recharge, as suggested on the label.

PPM is usually around 650, 700 max.

9. Hmmm... you checking ec? Truthfully this seems all fine! These plants are young. I think you have a few deformed leaves.. possibly genetics.. but someone more skilled in coco and help you for sure. But if it was me I wouldn’t lose any sleep just yet.

10. I did at one point have excessive wind, but quickly fixed the problem.

Does this look like windburn to you, and maybe a little bit of magnesium deficiency? I am leaning to this idea.

I will wait for other responses. I have been on this .75 ml / gallon calimagic dosage for a while now. Think I need to increase it daily until it seems more stable. I am reading other articles about magnesium deficiency and I think I have early symptoms. I am having very rapid growth compared to last grow otherwise, lol.

11. I also believe one of the leaves may have had a little spill on it (oops lol). I gotta be more careful.

At least they are being chopped off in not too long.

12. But how’s the new growth? Calimagic isn’t going to make those deformed leaves un-deformed. Wind burn usually has only caused me some minor clawing. You are missing portions of leaves and crooked leaves after a couple weeks of growth. But with that said the leaves look pretty damn healthy. Don’t rule out genetics. Especially since the issue isn’t uniform amongst all your plants..

13. it's only portions of a few leaves, it's not a bad problem yet. All other leaves are "fine". Wanted to prevent before it became a bad issue. I am honestly not too concerned yet, I'm gonna feed them more so I'll see if this goes away.

14. #15 dabs710, Nov 1, 2017
    Plants look way better this morning for some reason, including those parts of the leaves. Less pale, more green looking. I aint complaining! Lol. I did mildly boost feeding of calmag from .75 ml to 1ml last night. Hmmm...

Strongly leaning towards cal mag deficiency, feeding now at 1.5 ml / gallon Calimagic, will update again tomorrow...

15. yup cal mag defiency, damn coco. lol. plants grew so fast it was hard to keep up with dosage.

first time with this medium.