Leaf Problems Please Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Always_Lifted1, Jun 1, 2014.

1. This started a bout 3 weeks into the grow. My plants fan leaves than are getting dry spots. I thought I lt was happening because I misted the plant with nute water. I have stopped misting and it still shows new spots even on leaves that weren't there when I misted them with the nute water.

Im 41 days in and have been feeding It with fox farm grow big at 3 tsp to the gallon. Since 2 1/2 weeks old. My temps are between 80 and 88 amd the humidity around 35%-40%. I dont have a ph kit so dont balance ph but I do use RO water.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1300382-First-Grow-Journal

Attached Files:

2. RO water denies your plant valuable calcium, that said only one thing worse than not enough calcium is too much, look to adding a supplement to your water, even calmag perhaps ...just a pinch?
    that said cut back your grow big to 1.5 teaspoon to the gallon for 2 weeks to see if that corrects the issue ...and yes old fan leaves do dry out, at this stage remove plants for the room and spray flyspray over that carpet, perhaps a source of bugs, replace plants after an hour
    or so!

3. Yeaah maybe calcium lockout due to RO? kinda looks more like a light munching by critters to me though. Also for real cut back nutes that baby def has nitrogen abundance, hasn't burned yet but it will if yah don't cut back (that could even be causing the problem)

4. I agree with Mr.Bud. It's too much nitrogen from using way too much grow big.

I have used that stuff before and it is very salty.If you stuck a ppm meter in your water after

adding the grow big it is probably in the 700s with R.O. water. And you said you were using a foliar

spray. Flush and go back to fertilizing in a week. Only use 2 tsp per gallon every other watering.

And you should really look into getting Fox Farm Big Bloom. Its has no salt and its organic and you

can never burn your plants with it.  Also what kind of dirt are you using?

5. thanks for the help!this plant ended up dieing due to misting way too much on a hot day. It showed no signs of growth in 4 days so I trashed it and started a new OG Kush seed on Monday. This time I will not mist the plant (I thought it was good for the plant) and cut back on the grow big. I was looking into botanicare products. Are those good. I already have a bottle of the pure blend pro bloom. Will probably buy some cal-mag also

6. I have not used botoni care products but I have seen the pure blend pro bloom. It looks to me like botonicares

version of fox farm's Big bloom.  These are organic fertilizers that feeds the microbes in the soil so that your plant

can absorb the nutrients it wants, when it wants them.  It would help if I knew exactly what kind of soil you are

using. Also you shouldn't need any fertilizer in soil for at least a week maybe two. The soil already has nutrients.

7. I have been hearing good things about botanicare products from my local hydro store. Im a beginner so I kinda believe everyone's opinions which can be bad and good lol
    For soil im using FF oceanic forest. Im looking into getting some cal-mag for my new grow since im using RO water.

8. The bitonicare line is mainly intended for hydroponic systems (mainly deep water) the product you have

Is intended for organic hydroponic growing NOT SOIL. You would ideally use the pure

blend pro in coco coir.

9. dam so that guy at the hydro store got me. I want to try a dwc but not until I have more experience.

10. You are using Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil. I also use this.

The ideal way to feed when using organic soil mixes such as ours is to feed the soil and not the plant

The pure blend tea is nutrients derived from plants mainly. The nutrients are broken down and they don't feed the

soil. They are intended to feed the plant but only a small percent of theses nutrients actually get absorbed by the

plant. most of it just get's flushed out of the pots (thats why they work better in deep water hydro setups)

The plants will not just eat all of this food because you put it in there. They eat what they want when they want

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO

Use an organic compost tea. I know the pure blend pro sounds like it's a compost tea, it is not.

Some stores make there own, or you can make your own. The only actually organic all in one compost tea in a

bottle  I have found is fox farm big bloom. These organic teas feed the microbes that are alive in your dirt and

your plants feed off there excretions. Thats basically a 101 on organic growing.

11. #11 dog95422j, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
  12. will probably get the big bloom. That is actually what I went in to get then the guy told me thr botanicare was better and cheaper.