Leaf Problem Pics Included

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Swa_Swa, Jul 1, 2008.

1. One of my bros is having a hell of a time to keep some burmese kush going. It looks like over nuting to me. I think it also has to do with buku being a hard strain to keep happy. It seems to start at the top and work its way down to the middle. The bottom leaves are fine. Thanks!

1k hps light (cool tube)
    Temps: 70-75
    Humi: 30-40%
    Ph adjusted water to 6.7-6.8 (run off equals the same).
    Nutes: Liquid karma, fox farm
    Soil: Sunshine mix #4 I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Youre probably right. If the temps are good and the pH is adjusted, than the only thing I can think of that it could be is nute burn.

3. Which fox farm are you giving it?
    Almost looks like phosphorus deficiency.

4. I think hes using liquid karma more but he was using about 1-2 teaspoons every couple waterings. I was thinking it might be but wasn't sure. If it is phosphorus I have never seen it that bad to tell. With fox farm I know tiger bloom is really strong but he uses grow big out and big bloom...forgot to add that.

5. [​IMG]

Potassium deficiency:
    Older leaves are initially chlorotic but soon develop dark necrotic lesions
    (dead tissue). First apparent on the tips and margins of the leaves. Stem and branches may become weak and easily broken, the plant may also stretch. The plant will become susceptible to disease and toxicity. In addition to appearing to look like iron deficiency, the tips of the leaves curl and the edges burn and die.
    Potassium - Too much sodium (Na) displaces K, causing a K deficiency. Sources of high salinity are: baking soda (sodium bicarbonate "pH-up"), too much manure, and the use of water-softening filters (which should not be used). If the problem is Na, flush the soil. K can get locked up from too much Ca or ammonium nitrogen, and possibly cold weather

my 2 cents mate, hope it helps:smoking:

6. It looks like that ^ I will have to check it out. It is very possible that he is locking it out because of how severe it is.

7. Looks like you're locking out potassium.

Have you used an PH-up to stabilize the soil PH? If so thats most likely the problem.

Thats why I always tell soil growers: Worrying about your PH can cause more problems than it solves.

Keeup us updated man.

8. He's using a ph down. Water ph is about 8.4 before using the down. He also bubbles his water is a 5 gallon cooler.

9. He should be using the Tiger Bloom at 2-3 teaspoons per gallon. The big bloom has only trace P and K. Weather it is P or K deficient, feeding them this should slow down the deficiency if you give it the Fox Farm Tiger bloom at the amount I recommended above.