Leaf Malfunction

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kickdrumheart, May 6, 2011.

1. Hello,

I started my first grow about two weeks ago, and I've noticed that the bottom sets of leaves are fading in color, collecting light brown spots, and the tips are burning. They appear droopy, but at the same time most of the other leaves seem rather healthy. I decided to flush the soil yesterday, but it's still too early to tell if it helped. They are under 60 CFL watts in a 1x1 reflective box. I realize the light could be worsening the issue, and I'm doubling or tripling the wattage this weekend. Ph has tended to be slightly high (7.0), but I'm working on correcting that issue. I've done some research and the only assumption I have made is that it is a Nitrogen deficiency. I could be totally wrong, but at least i'm trying. I introduced BMO nutrients to it about a week ago.

Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. From the look of what's left of the pod leaves, it looks like underwatering causing the plant to dry from the bottom up. Watering frequency is relative to temp, airflow and humidity. In some situations, the plants need to be watered often to keep up with how quickly the soil dries.

3. Hi. This is a nute burn brought on by the combo of nutes
    and the high ph. Keep workin on the ph - 6.3 - 6.8.
    Stop the nutes for now and feed just water, but sparingly.

Those first bottom leaves are designed to take the brunt
    of punishment. They are alwayz the first to go.
    They are sacrificed in situations like this, for
    the overall good of the plant.

Spock said it best : The needs of many far outweighs the needs of the few - or the one.

Freak
    :smoke:

4. Thanks for the advice. Their looking better, but I'm noticing the leaves starting to fold over. Not sure if that will go away as they heal, but I sure hope so.

5. I have the same problem. Leaves are very yellow around the bottom. No where else. Haven't given them nutes so idk:confused: