leaf is dying and white spots

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mushroomedmario, Jun 19, 2008.

1. okay first post on this forum, first problem in the first week of my first plant
    need help

I have a great white shark clone growing in my room mates closet, in a plant pot with soil...... with a fan blowing away from the closet(with open doors), it is under a 400 watt light, and about 2 feet away from it. The light is on the plant 24/7. the plant is only about two weeks old...

we added nutrients to it once, but the leaf was dying beofre that, so i'm not sure it would be the problem, the nutrients are floragro, florabloom and floramicro mixed with a little bit of distilled water

here's a picture taken from my cellphone, there are little white spots that kinda look like lime or calcium.....but you can hardly see them from this picture, but you can see the leaf turning yellow/brown and dying.....

oh and we're watering it with distilled water...about once or twice a day.

here's the picture

[​IMG]

any help would be appreciated

2. White spots on foliage usually indicates a problem with nutrient lock-up from a PH problem. Are you feeding every time you water? That can throw the PH off... You likely have ferts in that soil already and shouldn't be feeding yet...

The odd thing is though, the tips should be turing yellowish brown as well from a nute burn, but that might happen next if not already...

You are defianately watering WAY to much! once or twice a day sounds like a watering regiment for a hydro grow but you are growing organically my friend... This means you should only water when the soil is completely dry, and I mean bone dry!!

Here is what you may want to try to save this plant... FLUSH IT WELL to remove all of the salt build-up thats causing your PH problem. For a plant that size, Id go with 4 gallons of water. Then stop feeding it all of the time, and only water when the potting mix is dry, stick your finger an inch deep in the mix, if its still moist don't water it. Your lock up was likely caused by a lack of oxygen getting to the roots from over watering.

I hope this helps...