leaf edges turning black and dying from the outside in

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SmokeDaGanja, Jan 22, 2014.

1. #1 SmokeDaGanja, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    I've had my Purple Urkel mother vegging from about 2-3 months now, Recently I have noticed some of the leafs are blacking around the edge of the leafs and shriveling up and dying. This is happening on more lower leafs than upper but its throughout the plant, Id say around 10-20% of the leafs are doing this. This is an all organic grow I used blood meal, bone meal, EWC, Espoma plant tone, kelp meal, and rock phosphate. Shes getting PH'ed water that I let chlorine evaporate for a day or 2. Currently under 3-50 watt CFL's on 18-6 not sure whats going on here. I also use super soil, the only thing I have top dressed is the kelp meal and EWC. If I have left anything to help solve my problem out, let me know please and thank you!

Attached Files:

2. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?

What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. #3 Shiva Blaster, Jan 22, 2014
    Sounds like cannabis leprosy.    Best answer I can give you without any relevant information or pictures. 

4. #4 SmokeDaGanja, Jan 22, 2014
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Roots organic
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Purple Urkel 
    How old are the plants?     About 2-3 months
    What type of lights and how many watts?    CFL and 150w
    How far from the lights?   Always enough to not burn the back of my hand at canopy level, I did mess up once and got heat stress.
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?  2-3 days Filtered tap water chlorine evaporated, Ph was 5.5 - 6
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?    blood and kelp meal,  Espoma plant tone, EWC and rock phosphate around 18.6-3.5-5.5 Next soil mix was going to add bone meal. Currently in roots organic base soil with pertile. 
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? 

What are the temps and humidity in the room? 70-low 60s at night
    What size pots? 5 gallon
    Any bugs? Look real close. Ive had Phungus Gnats but got rid of them, no signs of anything else.
    Any other pertinent info? I have had a case of heat stress so some of my leaves on picture are heat stressed. 

5. Pix are indicative of a plant expressing a root-zone ph that may be a bit low. I can only imagine you've driven it low with to much of one thing or another. Perhaps you could incorporate a little dolomite lime into the top 2/3 inches of your substrate (one tablespoon per gallon of medium).

6. Sounds good I have some dolomite lime that I used for an outdoor bed last spring, Ill go ahead and add some the next watering! thank you very much!

7. Gave her 3 tablespoons of dolomite lime this morning with water, I'll let you know if it worked in a couple days 

8. Thanks very much for the help, My baby responded well and the leafs stopped dying off and all the new growth is super green and healthy.

9. You are definitely very welcome.  :gc_rocks: