Leaf edges curling up

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nizmo, Mar 28, 2010.

1. #1 nizmo, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
    * Soil (not sure on brand, but looks pretty good)
    * 600 watt hps (sitting probably 2 feet from tops)
    * Soil pH appears to be the same as what im feeding it (6.5) based on runoff test.
    * Temperatures range between 68 - 82 depending on time of day, averaging in the middle (and has been the same through out the whole grow, so i don't think it is temperature related otherwise these symptoms would have appeared earlier)
    * Fed 12ml of this in 3 litres of water a day or two before curling started to appear; Thrive Concentrate All Purpose Plant Food - Yates products (prior to that, it had only been plain watered and once fed a very weak mix of an organic fertilizer when slight yellowing started to occur).

I'm not sure whats going on here. It is important to mention that this is the same plant that i posted about a few days ago with a suspected deficiency of some kind;
    http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/572070-new-growth-yellowing.html

So in response to that, i fed it the 12ml of said fertilizer which was slightly lower than the suggested amount on the bottle (5ml/liter regular rate, and 10m/liter occasional rate). I've used it before and never had any problems with it although i cant remember how much i was mixing. But now, on top of the yellowing (which remains a problem) - im getting this curling going on, particularly in the new growth).

Im thinking either nute burn, or maybe magnesium deficiency (which is what i suspected when posting my other question). There is a problem with the nute burn theory; i have other plants in the room which are showing the same kind of curling on the new leaves (but to a lesser degree) which have not been fed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Maybe I am blind but I dont see anything. :confused:

3. It isn't too bad, i just want to catch these things early. I've grown twice in soil, and i have never seen this problem.

The blue circle is where its worst. Its a bad angle i guess but those leaves have gone pretty taco they should be nice and green, thin and wide - and this has only appeared in the last day or two maybe i should have waited until it got worse, but usually with these things i figure you're better to get in early rather than leave it too late

Attached Files:

4. i've had this issue before and its actually not that bad. just a slight mag def.

can't really say if it's over or under fertilizing, as an excess of one nutrient will cause your plant to show deficiencies of another nute.

i started to add CalMag (1 tsp/gal) to all waterings and my problem went away after about 8 days (2 feedings).

my case was actually worse. my whole plant 'taco-ed', but it didn't hurt the plant. MAYBE stunted growth, but ill never know since it was bagseed.

5. Cheers, ill keep an eye on it - it hasn't seemed to have got worse in the last day so unless it does get worse ill just leave it.

If it does - i'd probably have to foliar feed it because it was watered about 2 days ago and the soil takes about a week to dry out at this stage (young plants). I'm guessing epsom salts because i can't get that stuff you mentioned here. Thats the problem with growing in an unusual country - we never get the same products that you guys talk about on here.