Leaf discoloration

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr-Miyagi, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Hi there, was hoping to get an opinion on my bottom leaves on my plant (first grow) which is a month old. It's in soil, just checked the run off ph (6.4).

It looks like the edges all around the leaf are yellowing. Is this a burn? Deficiency? Last feeding was yesterday at 1/4 strength. I've done lots of reading, but it's overwhealing, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. looks like a bit of Nitrogen defiency ...plus its on old bottom leaves ,,so after the feed (or before) take the yellow leaves off they wont turn green ,,,mac/

3. Would there be any benefit in lightly spraying the plants with a water/nitrogen solution?

4. I've also noticed brown spots on several of the older leaves

5. Here is a picture
    Cheers!

Attached Files:

6. Not sure from the pics but this might help. How often do you water?

Attached Files:

7. The plant is in a 3 gal fabric pot with 30 percent perlite. I water every 3-4 days currently. I'm only growing 1 plant.

First grow, and I definitely feel like I'm in over my head even with what I thought was adequate research before hand.

8. The upper leaves seem to be in good shape

Attached Files:

9. It's severely nutrient deficient. Are you adding nutes on every watering? I usually give mine half strength on every watering. You might want to give it a couple of full strength waterings to start with to get it up to speed and then go down to half strength after that

No, nutrients go in the soil

10. Thanks! I added a stronger dose of base nutrients based on your advice and checked the run off ph again (6.3). Hopefully it perks up, if not I guess I will have to start again. If only I could get this guy to grow like the tomatos and squash in my outdoor garden.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1