Leaf Discoloration, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TokeRippa, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Hi all, was hoping some experienced gardeners could lend me their
    judgement on an issue i just started seeing today.

First, a little background:

7 plants, 11 days from seed, in 100% canna coco, canna nutes(following
    canna grow guide)
    200 ppm base water, ph 5.8 handwatering every 3 days
    110 watt 6500k, 2 23 watt 2700k cfls, roughly 3-4 inches from top of plants
    Temps: 82, RH: 55%

Only 2 plants seem to be effected, here are some pics:

Attached Files:

2. Please guys, im freaking out

3. Might be root bound, sickly growth starts to happen when root bound, correct me if I'm wrong anyone

4. Ive never seen this type of discoloration in any of the sick plant guides. The plants are only on their second node, ive seen 4-6 nodes in solo cups without being root bound but i do appreciate your feedback.

5. This isn't anything I can say I have seen first hand.

My first thought was genetic abnormality. Maybe some kind of physical damage when those leafs were forming. They are on very young leaves and from what I can tell from here it hasn't progressed up the plant.

Are the spots growing?

My only other thought would be pest related. Something on the underside of the leaf sucking out the "juices." I would double check for pests and probably not worry as long as the issue doesn't spread.

6. No pests from what I can see. It is happening to 2 diff strains so cant be genetic abnormality. Its getting worse!:eek:

Attached Files:

7. I wish I could be more helpful. It could be mold I suppose. If it is nutritional... Phosphorus kinda fits the bill... But not well enough that I would even think this is a deficiency.

I hope someone else has had to deal with this and knows a solution for you.

8. Thanks SCMC for lending me your thoughts. The problem has ceased to spread. I am not quite sure what it was but was considering potassium or magnesium deficiency. Fed with a small dose of nutes and calmag after reading ppm runoff and getting a fairly normal readout of 800 ppm. Crisis averted for now. Thanks again!

9. i had the problem it affected a few leaves... i just ignored it, didnt get worse and didnt seem to affect the health of the plant

10. havin the same problem man but on a bigger scale....my ph was a little high around 7.0 brought it back down to like 5.7 after a flushing regiment. but after that some change but not to much and some problems still persist