Leaf discoloration and dark spots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tempus91, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Hey GC, so im pretty much just asking what is causing a few of my leaves to do this ?

http://i.imgur.com/xgRvX.jpg

Im using a 600W HPS, 2 oscilating fans and ventways on the door for some airflow.

Im 2 and a half weeks into flowering.

2. Possibly salt build up? I'm not sure, that symptom could be from a few things.

1) It could be a ph problem, have you checked ph levels?

2) Salt build up, which can cause leafs to turn brown and begin to flake away.

3) And the less likely one would be a Micro Nutrient deficiency.

I would say first step would be check ph, your gonna want it around 6.2 - 6.8 above or below can cause problems depending on the strain even 6.2 can be too low.

If you have checked the ph and it is stable try adding a secondary nutrient which includes stuff like calcium, and other micro nutrients.

If the plant doesn't get better flush the soil with a lot of water.. if you don't have a way to check ph or don't have a Micro nutrient to use just flush the soil, and if that doesn't work then it's down to ph and a deficiency...

Deficiency's are hard to identify certain strains will have different symptoms from the same deficiency.. don't jump to conclusions take it slow if it ain't affecting the whole plant just give it plain water for a while and see what happens.

Hope this helps some! good luck

3. Hey thanx for the reply,

My drainage water is around 6.5, i only use fertiliser every 3rd watering and i water every 2-3 days, which i thought was fine.. It's not effecting the whole plant, just some leaves..

I'm using water from our garden tap which is slightly hard, around 7.5-8.0 but i've been adding phosphoric acids to the water to bring it down to 6.5ish which i think also softens water?? Maybe i should buy some bottled watrer to flush them once or twice

4. Try some bottled spring water. Works for me.

5. Anyone else know anything more specific relating to this foliage damage ?

6. fill the bath tub up with warm water
    adjust to 5.5-6.0 if possible
    dunk plants until water rises to top
    allow drain several times

wait until its ready for some water to flush
    report back 3days after doing this

7. Hey, could you elaborate a little, what do you mean until water rises to top? Of the soil level? How many litres is in average bath tub? cause i've only got so much ph down acids, could i not just simply do an extreme watering?

8. It looks sick, or rot almost, have you grown the strain before? Whats your ppm? Are you using calmag?

9. Think he is rattling your cage...;)

10. Looks like a pest problem...Never seen a deficiency like that...

11. No man Im serious

Fill the tub up with warm water
    place your pot in the tub of water
    let it sit there until the water levels off inside your soil ( as in water fills up pot to the water level in tub)
    remove and allow to drain out
    repeat several times and place back in cab
    report back a few days later with results

you dont have to adjust the ph but its better to
    eirther way your plants will bounce back
    watch

12. If its a pest problem this wont have any effect

13. I dunno what my ppm is but ph of run off water is always 6.5ish.. I can't really do the bath thing dude cause our water is salt softened in the house, i bought like 50L of spring water though and im gunna flush tomorrow, also got some epsom salts i might spray foliage with..

It's just a bitch not knowing exactly what the problem is :/

14. I was thinking it could be salt build up? or lime build up from our hard water, even though i ph balance it with phosphoric acid.. Would the lime still be present in the ph balanced garden tap water?

Also no im not using calmag, but i have epsom salts that i could spray with, i just dunno what to do because i dunno what the problem is, i dont wanna OD on mg when its not even mg def lol

Maybe i just need to flush with some spring water.

15. flush and
    spray with neem oil right before lights go out

16. One of the leaf tips on the right side is showing overfert signs. Flush it good and let em dry out some. Try to do one thing at a time before doing anything else. jmo. Post another pick after flush k.

17. #17 colafarmer, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    You need to get a scope and look at the leaf and underside of the leaf. Those black specks are only affecting the vein of the leaf and something is sucking your plants dry. Combined with all the white specks (eggs possibly) I see on your leaves am sure you have an infestation of some nature.

A nutrient disorder like calcium or magnesium etc usually affect the area in between the vein and not the veins themselves.

This could be real serious if not taken care of and will affect other plants in the same room....
    Might try posting those pics in sick plant forum.

18. I havn't seen any bugs or webs or anything.. I'm pretty sure i don't have a bug infestation, i live in the uk we aren't exactly overrun by indoor plant pests, i've done quite a bit of research and so far i think it's some form of salt build up or nute burn

19. Try clearx with ur flushing salt build up can damage plants but I would say root rot