leaf discolor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bNbBud, May 25, 2009.

1. i have a few plants that are about 2 weeks from seed. I have the temps good and the humidity is around 40 percent. but i have noticed that some of the leaves have white stuff on them and i cannot tell what it is. I am waterng them with declorinated tap water. do i need to switch bottled? btw i mist the leaves with the same declorinated water and am thinking it might be a residue from the water. any ideas?

2. It could be chlorine/calcium/salts from the water. Probably not chlorine, since you're using chlorinated water, but I can't tell you how many times an RO system or water purifier has fucked up the ppm of liquids...

Anyway, I'm not a very big fan of foliar feeding. I suppose there are some instances where you may want to deliver some trace nutrients quickly, but I've never personally witnessed any advantages to foliar feeding. Usually, people just burn their plants with too much fertilizer or foliar feed during the light cycle. :rolleyes:

You may also have spider mites. If you could take a picture, that would help a lot.

3. im not using any nutes yet. i planted the seeds in MG moisture control though. I wasnt aware that spider mites would cause a white almost powder like spots on the leafs