Leaf curling down, scrunching???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by anthony177, Sep 11, 2010.

1. What type of medium; soil or hydro? hydro

What brand and type of soil? grodan cubes into hydroton tray

Indoors or outdoors? in

What strain? Purple Erkel/Urkle - and a few kush in the same tray.

How old are the plants? 10 days from flip... vegged for about 15 days

What type of lights and how many watts? 2 - 1000W switched from 432 watt fluro

How far from the lights? 2 1/2 + ft

What is your watering frequency and source of water? tap water starts at 25-30 ppm @ 10
    min every 3 hours

What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? FF hydro @ 1050 ppm steady pH 5.8 following
    nute chart... second week of 12/12hr. mix.

What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? recirc. sys.... steady

What are the temps and humidity in the room? light on= 86-82* w/ 42-48%rH ...off=75-80* same rH

What size pots? 4'x8' table w/ 21 plants in 6" pots

Any bugs? Look real close. no

Any other pertinent info? see pics.... the indoor are cuts from the outdoor in my journal.
    using a little Co2 bottled on a regulator @ 550ppm's. please see my grow journal for more info. There are 7 kush plants in the same tray, and they are showing some bad signs too. No curling, but the ends ...4"... are soft, and the newest growth is very light green, and whispy. Everything is perfectly green otherwise.
    Pic 1 is the indoor (bad plants) and pic 2 is the outdoor mother that is doing fine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the help

2. nada huh? everyone stumped? :eek:

3. anthony, pics are a bit small to see what is going on. Lots of good info, but hard to see. Try giving your pics a much higher resolution.

JaK

4. one thing, though I do not do hydro, but isn't 1050 a bit high in the stage your plants are at? just asking sine I do not know hydro well. I know I have read for coco coir that usually plants are started out lower and don't go over 1000 until they are in flower. that's just my limited knowledge.

Other than that I don't think my soil knowledge can help you much. One thing, 6" pots big enough? In soil at that stage I would think that it is a bit small. Again, I am a soil guy. Good luck.

JaK

5. Thanks for the reply... Jak

Bigger pics in my journal. I just pasted a thumbnail from there. The 6" pots are mesh bottom, so the roots grow right through them. And my ppm has been that since second week of veg. It dosent drift, or burn... the recirculating system lets you easily monitor the pH and ppm swings, which are induced by what the plant is wanting. so the plants will tell you where those numbers should be in hydro. Im sure its not the amount of nutrients, but it could be an imbalance of some sort.

After a couple days of close watching and hard thinking ive concluded it must just be the strains reaction to a couple things:
    A: only vegged for a couple weeks after roots, then flipped... maybe the strain dosent like the somewhat of an auto-flower schedule. As the kush in the same tray is doing alot better, and has been on the same schedule since cut.
    B: 5 days after switch i did alot of pruning of undergrowth and bottom branches... didnt add any superthrive, and actually tried raising the ppm's up to 1200. I noticed within a few hours the kush plants stressing too much and cut it down to 900, and then back to 1050 the next day. and steady there ever since.
    C: forgot to mention that i used Liquid Light by Dutch Master. followed instructions, and overall thought the plants really liked the stuff. Maybe its some sort of chemical reaction from that stuff... clogged pores or something.
    D: nutrient temps are creeping up into the 74-77 range. i use an air diffuser/pump, and Dutch Master Gold Zone is supposed to help against root temps in that range exactly. Ive peeked at some roots, and they are fat and mostly white.

Tonight the plants seem to be better, flatter. the Kush are getting back to budding, and the erkle is still growing tall and green... the leafs are just cabbage-like on some. they are also starting to bud, starting out much smaller than the outdoor.