Leaf Condition need help First grow 6th week of flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BLU23, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Hello All

I am in the 6th week of our first grow! Everything was good till 11 days ago. One of the plants was showing yellow spots on it's fan leaves. Now that same plant has brown edges on the middle leaves going up to almost to  the top. on another plant the leaf had yellowing spots and the it's drying out getting crispy.

Fresh air fan 176 CFM with a Hepa filter
      Exhaust fan 200 CFM with a charcoal filter ALL USING 4" Ducting (a little small I know ) 
     6 plants room size H/W/L  7/5/6 feet
     3 Gallon pots 
     600 watt HPS 12/12 lighting period
    We are using Fox Farm open forest soil 
    Our Nutes
    General Hydroponics FloraMicro    5-0-1
                                       FloraGro       2-1-6
                                       FloraBloom   0-5-4
                                       PH Down    

We mix 30 gallons at a time. We water every other day or every 3 day depending on the weight of the pots and also we feel if the soil is dry 2 1/2 inches down. We have two oscillating fans one 8" fan that blow above the plants and the other 3" fan on the floor for the fresh air. Temp runs about 78-84 degrees when light are on. and drops to 65-72 when they are off. Humidity is 42% the light is 19" away from the plants. NOTE: The plant with the worst condition we had bend and tie her. I am putting up pics of the leafs any and all help please. the first picture is the worst plant. 

If any more info is need please let me know! :eek:

Attached Files:

2. http://www.growweedeasy.com/7-step-remedy

^-----Use this nifty chart i found

When you get in the link scroll down until you see the pictures then match all the pictures to the problems you are facing, then click on each picture to read in detail about what is happening to the plant and how to further assist it. Its the most i can do for you until an experienced blade gets on and sees this. I have fixed a lot of my own issues with this chart.

3. Looks like a ph imbalance with a few deficiencies.

I see nute burn and magnesium deficiency.

4. I get that purpling on my leaves during the winter when my temps are down in the 50s or lower, and it's usually a sign of phosphorous deficiency because it gets locked out at low temps.  The fading of colour between the leaves and slight browning is often associated with magnesium deficiency, but it can also be a sign of being root bound in a small pot, and similar to a soil pH problem.

Possibly you're not watering enough to get the runoff that helps flush out excess salts and such, or possibly using 1/4 strength nutes and underfeeding them, or possibly both or neither of these.

Probably the way forward is a flush with water then using between half and full strength nutes plus calmag

5. Its the 6th week of flower. Your plants fan leaves will start to wither and die, just the way it is...

6. He said they are in the 6th week of the grow, not the flower. Thats what he said in his OP at least. Or are you 6 weeks into flowering lol?

7. Ah, you're right, I saw some flowers in the picture, so I assumed... My bad!

8.  Thank you everyone! I think your right on it getting a little to cold in the grow room. It's been really cold here this year and our grow room is in a room that has really poor quality windows. I will be keeping a better eye on the temp. I did mention I was in my 6 week but I forgot to say I was in Flowering mode.  Dark thank you for the chart I will be looking at here in a bit. I talked to a friend also he basically said everything you guy's did. He also told me that I need to do a flush. That for the rest of the grow we should water them with PH corrected water for the next 2 weeks with nutes every 4th or 5th watering. When I water I never get run off. 3 gallon pots and we give them 1500 ML of water every 2-3 days mostly every 3 days. I thought that was over doing it! I will do as suggested and update in a few days. Again everyone thanks. 

9. #9 BLU23, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
     Hey guys and ladies.
     You were right on with the PH being off. The Flush seems to be helping also! Everyone's leave are now raised up past the half way point and the The crystal's production started to go into overdrive started looking frosty this morning! So it is back on track! We have about 13 days or so till we Harvest. I'll post some more pic tomorrow. BTW our strain is Juicy fruit sativa. if anybody was wondering.

Attached Files: