Leaf “sparkle” in veg, identification?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ImagiNathan, Jan 14, 2019.

1. 4B713A32-9E76-4871-ADD7-398E437D73A8.jpeg 2F3FC5A9-7392-4749-AA05-16A81DB3BC6F.png B8790C32-08D6-41CB-B10B-20EB3E97D1ED.jpeg 7AE6AE60-194C-4CC9-9DE7-04317CA7E4C1.jpeg Hi everyone,

So my friend gave me a bum Crown Royale clone, which I found out later had a small mite outbreak (steps were taken to control and eradicate them) and the plant is now halfway through flower. Ive since sterilized the tent and have taken security measures with the new Purple Kush crop behind it (neem, soaps, sterilized tent, etc.) and have not seen any signs of the little buggers and have now moved my new girls to the 12/12 tent (where I first discovered the mite issue with the Crown Royale.

I noticed, however, that while they seem to be doing well, some have these “diamond” like sparkles to the leaves, which upon looking through my microscope just look like white dots or abnormal shapes. I’ve seen mite egg pics, and they don’t quite look like them (as far as I’ve seen) but it’s just a weird feeling I have that they aren’t quite gone yet. Anyone seen this type of issue with your plants and can shine some knowledge down on me?! Thank you in advance :D

2. It kind of looks like salt. Have you been foliar spraying any nutes onto them?

Also, I'm not completely sure but, it also looks like a few bugs, like maybe thrip larvae in a few of those pics. I'd inspect these girls very closely top to bottom.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hmm I never thought salt but that’s a good way to describe it! I had been doing an amino foliar spray weekly and one “Bloom Khaos” foliar feed from the NFTG line, and def been in super inspection mode since finding that one small mite on the other plant. I take any weird leaf and inspect it under microscope but this is all I’ve found, nothing else living or moving. Could also be paranoia from my only pest issue to date, solid year of growing just fine and I fell to the oldest story in the book to get pests, friends lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you've been using NFTG, then its not salt. Foliar spraying MAY have left behind some calcium deposits, but you MAY have the start of powdery mildew. Check and see if it will rub off. But then again, it MAY be leftover damage from the mite problem they had. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Even fan leaves have trichomes these look like non glandula thrichomes and then the specs are different. Like something possibly your own skin cells?

Or as stated salts?
    Or of you use tap water it could be calcium or other solids from water once its evaporated

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks bud, it does come off and I hope it’s the latter of the two!

7. I think you might be into something, I had used tap for the sprays (softener used in house) when normally I use RO for everything else. Also never foliar fed ever until this grow so you might have a good idea bud, thanks!!