Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lazy Pot Smokers

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bongsin, Jan 23, 2012.

1. So today I say to my mom that if i went to cali for college next year maybe i would get a medical card and to that she says "good luck anyone who smokes pot will just end up wanting to do that all day with no desire for college or anything" she seems to think the same thing about jobs and so on.

Now we all know this isnt true and im sure many many of you are in college with great GPAs etc.

Can anyone provide me links to LEGIT scientific research that you cant argue with? Im not looking for links to NORML or pro legalization websites. Something that would fit in Grannys list?

2. I think you could convince her with more of a logical argument, as appose to scientific. It's obvious that anything with enjoyable effects can be the product of an addiction to it, but as with anything you can explain to her and show her that you and marijuana smokers alike can moderate their use.

3. geez not another one of these threads...

4. “They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.”

- Bill Hicks

5. show her by your own actions. go to cali get your card and get high every day. get good grades and a full time summer job. then when you have accomplished this tell your mom youve been smoking weed everyday since you moved to cali.

she cant talk shit if you do that

6. haha yeah that would teach her but its extremely irritating that she can believe that age old shit like wtf

7. parents believe it cause when there kids smoke they sit around the house all day and dont want to do shit. when asked to do a simple chore they end up getting bitchy and coming up with excuses. then they go get high again to forget about it.

it happens all the time. what parents dont see are the productive people who smoke all the time. the thing is most of these people you would never know smoked cause they dont let it get in the way of real life.

8. i dont want to just smoke pot all day

i want to do stuff while i smoke

like make breakfast

9. When I am high around my mom I do anything she asks lol. I am actually more cooperative with her when I am high :laughing:

10. o yeah smoke sativa it will help with the laziness

11. ha, exactly. i'm content to just sit and listen to music and think for hours when i'm stoned. i could give a fuck less if i'm labeled as a "lazy pot smoker". shit, i'll be the first to admit i am one, so what.

12. i find that when i smoke sativas ill do housework and shit on my own. sativas make me want to do stuff. hell i got some sativa buds right now, i smoked on friday right before my math class. i ended up doing the work and paying attention and taking notes no problem. i bet if i had sativa all the time and smoked everyday before class i would get excellent grades. either way i do my work, but i find that sativas just make me WANT to do the work. So the thing about smoking pot and being lazy is not true at least not totally

13. sativas make me concentrate and think deep about things. people tell me i come up with very logical ideas and i am a very smart person

14. i didnt smoke during my university years but my
    best friend smokes and he is graduating harvard this semester.
    no bullshit. tell your moms to sit on that

15. That's just how it is mang, parents will never understand because that's probably not the path they went down and they think there is no other way. Old school shit. I think you should just explain to your mom your gonna go down your own path and make your life your way and you'd just like her support.. and if she can't handle that.. I think DTM420 has the next best thing!

16. If you made good grades in High School tell her you smoked then