Lazaidus 2X4 SuperRoom Grows

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by lazaidus, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Damn Doc.........sounds like im echoing your life, im about in the same boat lol. What i think is the problem is your yields. If you could yield more per plant then your shortage problem should be solved. Youve got alot of great things going so i guess its just time to evolve a bit. Also, you just started your full perpetual i believe so thas a big step. I can see the pieces being put together and ur gonna do. Dont stress too much though there will always be a way you just gotta look for it.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. @1000w i keep it about 2 feet during flower. All lower wattages i keep it a foot or less. I have an air cooled reflector and low ambient temps during lights on (around 70 degrees) which allows me to do it with no problem.

3. Trainwreck Day 20 Flower:

Well im about a quarter through this flower right now and as before things are progressing. I didnt want to go full strength so i did 3\\4 to see what that did. I always have a 2 day adjustment period with res changes and stabilizing ph because of the tap water and chloramines but i find that they still eat and do what they are suppose to so i just continue (ill eventually go to ro water and whatnot but where i am stealth is a major issue so im keeping things as they are) as before. This strain is a VERY VERY bushy strain and will do everything in its power to be a big ass bushy plant which means im trimming EVERYDAY to maintain the canopy. the undercanopy KEEPS growing back and i dnt know how, i trim all nodes and leaves and ill be damned if they pop right back up on another branch the next day smh. The most vital part of my trimming though is gauging the nodes. If the branches are small enough it wont produce big buds so all small branched nodes are being cut early on to help the bigger ones get bigger and that gets you bigger buds. I did the last supercrop yesterday and today cleaned up the undergrowth and top canopy and everything looks good. Cutting out those useless nodes freed up a good amount of space and helped me out so this is definitely gonna be helpful to yield. Well enough of the ramblings here are a few pics.......

Attached Files:

4. #405 Dr M, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    I'm breathin a sigh of relief! both plnts in cab 1 showed sex and are fems..roots showed up on the clones as well so now the grow is back on track..think i'm going to add a header and screen in cab 1 ..lots of triming to do in there and stretching out..the early LST really helped
    sex shows ups 002.JPG sex shows ups 004.JPG sex shows ups 005.JPG sex shows ups 008.JPG

5. Good shit doc! Now youre well on your way to puffing up your yield. Do you know how to make a ebb and flow?

6. #407 addiyo, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    My first post, had to join so i could post something in this great thread, you last grow Laz, i just wanted to cry it looked so good.
    Great grow both of you, been reading everything too learn allot, so i prepared when i have the opportunity to grow myself. Really like the DWC setup, i was wondering when people use DWC straight up and they are just started growing does the cube where the plant is have to touch the water? or do you water it untill the roots hit the water? Since it isent like RDWC.

Edit, also laz when you change your res do you just remove the net and everything? or do you have some system for that, dont think i have seen how you go about that.

7. Laz i did ebb n' flow for yrs before i switched to dwc..there's good and bad stuff on the systm in terms of mechanics..ask away..
    @ Ads the cube doesn't touch the wtr..the cube is kept 1/2'' -1'' above the wtr the bubbles bursting wtrs the cube and the roots when they drop..the principle is that in the res it's 100% humidity so the roots really respond to that and eventually drop dwn into the soup..using rr cubes you still need to wtr from the top on ocassion or they can dry out and lose their osmotic ability to draw wtr up..laz uses sprayers so doesn't have to do that..i'm dwc and have to if i'm using rr cubes.. with clones i do the neophrene collar thing

8. Ahh i see, that makes sense.
    have been wondering also about RDWC, you have a controlled ammount drip and keep it going 24/7 right? also do you change the drip ammount during veg/flwr? Like is the drip ammount really that important? since its sitting a res anyways.

9. Ads you don't irrigate at lights off..do that and that encourages mold- PM..drip systm and sprayers are similar but not the same..you don't see that many drip systms anymore because of dripper problems main one being they plug sooo easy..and to the eye you can't tell the flow isn't what it should be..it does make a difference in the early stages till it's established..you can starve a plnt..all the other plnts are going and that one isn't performing because it's not getting enough soup..it'll be stunted in comparison and never catch up causing canopy/space problems dwn the line

10. #411 Dr M, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    2 fems cab 1 cutting to soil n cloner 003.JPG
    weaving on cab 2 daily cutting to soil n cloner 012.JPG
    mix n' match 3 rooted clones and 2 cuttings in cloner- hydr n' soil  cutting to soil n cloner 011.JPG
    Wizards Fire seedling i'll keep cutting to soil n cloner 014.JPG

11. added the header and repositioned plnts to began LST from right to left side of cab during the stretch..using curtain rods length wise and wood rods under tension cross wise..running wkly flush on both cabs currently
    flushing 006.JPG

12. When do you start you LST? will you just keep doing LST untill you have a decent ammount of nodes and then go into scrogging ? also wondering how people can get the whole plant so even, is that just by topping it or do the out shoots just go so hard for light?
    so much information still trying to wrap my head around it :)

13. ads i'll try and explain..the plnt always want to get to the light and will bend towards it..the photo tropic response thing..the top most of the plnt will hog the light..thats not productive so we bend the plnt so the nodes below the plnt are now getting light and auxins that the top was hogging ..this makes them all develop equally as long as they're at the same height..to get them to do that you use various methods..i'm doing LST because i didn't know the sex and the best i could do was top them and LST during veg..now they're too big to put a screen over them so LST it is ..i go from right to left because that's the cool side with less light cause it's the end of the bulb..they naturally want to stretch towards the light and as they do that while the stretch is going on ..aprox 20 days..i'll guide them to the other side ..it takes time and patience mostly cause they like to pop back up..untill the stretch is over and they maintain their position then i take all the LST gear off and let them do their thing..cab 2 is scrogging and i started early however i don't think this will fill the screen but we'll see.. i'm going to veg another 2 wks

14. Doc pretty much explained the even canopy. I always wondered why it seemed like there was more to it until i did it. All your doing is making the plant change shape from a christmas tree to a bush. In the christmas tree form you get one main cola. In the bush for you get multiple. The way to it seems complicated because there are so many opinions and my advice is to try them all. Dnt be scared of a little change or to try new things and you will be good. Only way for progress is trial amd error.

15. Trainwreck Day 23 Flower:

The girls are doing excellent. Nute strength at 3/4, normal ph fluctuations from 5.5 to 6.0. They have about stretched to what i believe is the end of stretch. The girls are at about 2.5 feet, and i have node spacing about maxed out for now. Went and did a little more defoliating after the lights came on and actually saw how much they had grown in the last few days. Well cruise control continues, res change in a few more days and i might go to full strength or close to it.

Attached Files:

16. Worked on canopy by doing trimming and stretching..this time instead of removing shading leaf i'm using your technique of cutting them in half or thirds..i'm running 250w i may turn it up to 400w..heat is big factor..i'd have to run the a/c whenever the lights are on cause it's summer ..right now with a/c both cabs are 75-79 no a/c 84-87 depending on ambient temps..i usually turn the a/c off about 3am..
    trimming n'weaving 006.JPG

17. Why cut them in half or thirds? instead of just removing?

18. The fan leaves are basically generators or power plants. Leave them whole they are at 100% cut em in half 50% cut em off 0%. The thinkging is that they still serve function so instead of cutting them off let them operate to some extent.

19. I put my clones and seedling out in the hall window to veg till theres space outdrs
    clones to the hallway 002.JPG

two clones in cloner that soon as they get roots will go in soil and in the window with the others
    clones to the hallway 008.JPG