Lay it down for me

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Natural93, Mar 24, 2010.

1. So here is the deal, my friend and i are planning on growing this summer. we live around southern indiana, and we have tons of Land to grow on. we both live on huge properties, wooded, and pasture. I have probably over 100 seeds from bags and such.

so we want to start growing, we're thinking about 20 plants at the beginning, so we hope to get 8-12 fems.

since location is not an issue, what things should we consider? how often do they need watered? how many seeds should we plant in each small cup before transplanting? please help, i have the general idea of growing, just level it out for me. thanks

2. IMO, your best bet would be to start all the seeds indoor. Germinate them indoors, one seedling per pot. You could purchase jiffy pots or you could use plastic cups if you'd prefer. Don't forget to add drainage holes to the cups. You could use some CFL's or some other flourescent DAY LIGHT bulbs to get them going.

By starting inside you will be able to provide better starting conditions, and if you are planning on preparing a soil mix outdoors to grow in (recommended) you wont have to risk wasting money on unneeded soil for seeds that don't even sprout- Just my two cents ;)

3. Watering depends on how you plant, in pots- you'll probably need daily watering, especially during mid-summer; in ground, you could probably go every 3 days. Things to consider, soil- you want to make sure you buy or prepare good soil in order to get the best root environment for your plants, a health plant will pay you back down the road- I prefer making my own organic soil. You may also want to pick up some different fertilizers. How many seeds per cup- one.