Lawn & Property Renovation 2022

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by dropinbiking, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Things are recovering well. Around the shed is coming around nicely.

Going to dig a large square on each side of the steps for the shed, and put a sunflower on each side.

Still need to cut around and edge the foot steps and rocks in that area, but we're getting there.

IMG_5500.JPG

Still trying to reclaim the driveway, but things are going well. Front yard is filling in alright, greening up some.

Been pushing the front bush line back aswell.

IMG_5497.JPG

• Winner Winner x 5
  2. Well here's a couple shots of where things are at. Green, lush. Not weed free and still needs attention, but damn things are looking way better. Got the rider, push mower, edger, trimmer, and blower all fully serviced, fluids changed, blades sharp, new fuel, carbs clean, running like a million bucks.

Still lots I want to get done, and still am prepping the garden to get some things in the ground now that the weather is here, but glad to see some green.

IMG_5545.JPG

IMG_5546.JPG

IMG_5547.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. something to be proud of!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Haha thanks. It's getting there.

Did get 12 tomato plants into the garden today, pretty stoked. Mixed up some compost that was ready and a bale of peat moss, got them in, watered, cages on. They took up 1 of 6 plots, so 5 plots to go, peppers will be next.

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. this is exactly what my wife and I are up to, except she is planting the garden and I am setting up a dutch bucket system outside. I hope this works!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Dutch buckets? Explain. I've got some big rain water collectors, one I need to put at the front corner of the house. It's uphill of the garden, hoping for maybe some gravity feed to a tap at the garden for easy can filling and watering

• Like Like x 3
  7. If you can just get her to run the buckets after the garden gets started. :smoking:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Looks great all of it.

When yer done there …

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thanks man. Yeah the land lord was happy to see the lumps and bumps filled in, and a lot of the moss and ruts dealt with. I was at his place doing some lawn cleanup for him too, he really appreciates it.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I just finished. Took longer than just today, but I also cooked some hash today.
    Bato buckets, aka Dutch Buckets, aka Hempys. its perlite filled 5gals + recirculating. I want to get this right so that I can set them up in the window over the winter and use some supplemental LED strips (Influx and Hinflux), and have some produce all year round.
    I haven't transplanted yet, was going to in a few minutes. Just taking a lil break... I'll go take a picture and share with you.
    100_0412.JPG I grew the seedlings in the aeroponic cloner thing, but I left them way too long
    100_0415.JPG There, I transplanted them. I hope they live. Ripped a lot of roots off :/
    100_0414.JPG
    that's the res. Pretty easy to build, but need to build the racks, or you could bury the res. But like I said, I'm planning to keep these and move them inside later on.
    I'm also trying out some dry nutes, so, this is all kinda new.

edit: If you are in the states, you can get a pretty good deal on authentic dutch buckets for pretty cheap. I didn't go that route because the shipping was way too much (in Canada).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I think it depends on the lawn and soil condition. Before doing all those things, you need a soil test to determine your soil pH. Once you know what nutrients your soil lacks, you can add or adjust it to the right level. There are different kinds of weed killers, so choosing the right one for your lawn is important. I recently did my lawn care with the help of this landscaping company and kept it looking nice in the summer. They use starter fertilizer and weed prevention initially. I like that fertilizer they used because it mixes into the soil and is slow-release, meaning only a little bit is required to provide the lawn with the proper nutrients. Once applied, the nutrients will stay on the lawn for a long time. If you have doubts about seed, fertilizer and weed control, it s better to hire or approach a professional.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sorry for no updates, lots of crazy stuff going on with plants, gardens, fruits, harvests, lawn levelling, tree fallibg, it's been a productive summer.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I'm back! Will post some garden and lawn pictures once I finish this drink (it's a double, so does that mean finish these two drinks?) I'll finish edging the lawn, and give you guys some update pics

• Like Like x 1
  14. Many good times around the fire this year. I'm glad I was able to make it a place you're able to hangout in running shoes. No muck, no holes, clean grass, clean ground, lots of space, no tripping hazzards for the kids. Just need more solar lights and we'll be set.

IMG_5636.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5641.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Nice Job

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Bam. Ended up making some spicyyy good salsa out of some of the garden peppers and tomatoes. Good kick, not too offensive. Other than some store spices, and store onions, the rest was garden. Oh and a crock pot, can't really grow a crock pot.

IMG_5700.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG
    IMG_5703.JPG
    IMG_5647.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Here's a better shot of the back yard filled in way better, still work to do over to the right but it's way flatter, lush grass, soaks up the rain fall really nice now. I had like 4 inches of hard packed roots lining the soil for so long.

IMG_5640.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  18. Wow looking there you can't even see where I burried drainage pipe, pretty much 2 feet in along the whole back edge.

• Like Like x 4
  19. #79 Raymondello, Nov 1, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    It sounds like you're off to a great start with your lawn renovation! For a full sun area, look for a seed mix that's designed for sun tolerance, such as Kentucky bluegrass, tall fescue, or Bermuda grass, depending on your climate zone. As for fertilizer, a balanced NPK mix, like a 10-10-10, is a good all-purpose choice to support your new grass.

By the way, if you ever think about any property expansions or creating outdoor structures, yimuhouse.com offers a range of prefabricated options that could complement your renovated outdoor space beautifully.

Best of luck with your lawn, and may your efforts result in a beautiful, hearty grass cover by year's end!

• Like Like x 1
  20. updates please

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1