Lawmakers In 5 States Tell Feds To Back Off Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Berry, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Lawmakers In 5 States Tell Feds To Back Off Medical Marijuana

2. Good.

But a letter wont do shit. We need to take action.

3. You're right. Raiding Oaksterdam is like the Feds kicking patients in the crotch. They're taking action, why shouldn't we. Peaceful action of course (but you KNOW how Oakland is!). The letter is a good start and certainly was put together promptly.

4. Quick, feds better carry out all the knowledge, information, books and documents!

Because that is totally against the law!

5. Quit making sythentic versions and let us have our rights!

6. amen :hello:

7. Big Brother needs to back the fuck up !

nobody is gonna put up with their bullshit for long as you can see

what a bunch of assclowns !

8. Question: Was Oaksterdam University violating state law in any way?

It seems their only angle might be that their medical marijuana school was too close to itself... -__-

9. the oak bust was a joke - nobody gave the true reason why the raid was conducted

Big Brother is taking action because WE THE PEOPLE are fighting back and the fuckstains.

they are scared ! and should be !

10. How long before someone gets sick and tired and just calls this "war" quits. Like the longer you are a stoner the less you forget it's even illegal, because everyone does it. Like in my circle of people maybe once in 3 months during a session some random kid will say he or she doesn't smoke, AND THEY ARE THE ODD MAN OUT. Everyone smokes, and if everyone does something how is it illegal?

Logic? There is none. Humor? HAHAHA, very dark but it's there

11. Can someone get to the bottom of who exactly makes the orders for Federal Raids? I am so tired of our stealth political system. It might be a lot easier to progress the cause if we knew when, where, and with whom these decisions are made. What is the federal government trying to ultimately accomplish when multiple states are closer than ever to making medicinal usage legal. The gallop poll last October found that support for medicinal marijuana has surpassed the 50% mark amongst all Americans. So who is really for the people? Who will make laws for the people?

12. No one cares...MM dont have enought peeps just dont have the numbers for any one to care

13. Finally some brave people standing up.

Much respect.

14. I don't think it's just against MMJ. By focusing on Richard Lee (Prop 19), the feds are sending a very broad message about how they feel about legalization. I see it as a direct threat, as empty as it may be, against WA and CO and their 2012 legalization voter initiatives.

I can tell you who pulls some strings to make some of these raids happen - a guy named Paul Chabot (see below). Feel free to send him a nasty-gram.

Critics of the proliferation of medical marijuana dispensaries applauded the federal intervention.

"For them to go after Oaksterdam, which is internationally known for [flouting] federal law, sends an extremely strong signal not only to California pot stores, but also around the rest of the country," said Paul Chabot, president and founder of the Coalition for a Drug Free California. "I think in the last year we've turned the corner on marijuana. Now we've seen city after city, county after county ban dispensaries."

15. Thanks a lot!