Lava rocks as medium?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by akp2369, May 6, 2015.

1. So I need to get a ppm tester?

2. 100% yes, invaluable in hydroponics freind!

3. I've been buying most of my stuff on amazon so could anyone recommend a decent one. The while point of all of this is to save money so I'm starting cheap so I can graduate and upgrade.

4. I'll say this, I have 3, a Hanna, a Blue Labs truncheon, and an EZ/TDS meter, my hanna is always way off, I don't use it anymore, my blue labs is always right on point and never needs calibration, but was expensive..
    Which brings me to the cheap Ole meter I got first.. EZ meter, it's right on point with my blue labs, it's always accurate and quick.. sooooo, take that info for what you want

5. Crazy dude that blue labs is 100 lol. The ez is way cheaper than I was thinking and like you said it's accurate so why not go with the tried and true that was run next to a top dollar one 👍

6. Smart man, glad you can learn through me,lol...

7. #27 akp2369, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2015
  8. That's the one bro!

9. OK cool. Here are the roots from my clone today.

Attached Files:

10. Lava rock works great on a drip system, and the nutrients get soaked up and time released directly into the roots. Especially if you're worried about over watering, mixing it too works, you can buy lava rock online now for cheap and free shipping