latest art

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Chrysamere, Mar 3, 2006.

1. sculpture i finished yesterday afternoon, took me a few hours. it's a head with an empty eyesockets that's sprouting mushrooms which i think is a cool feature, along with a little chameleon reptile on his head. enjoy, and any feedback would be appreciated :D

Attached Files:

2. That's insane!

I would NOT like to have that hanging around my room... damnit I wish I could sculpt. Nice work!

3. yeah thatd be disturbing if i woke up in the middle of the night, especially if it was melting ah:eek:

4. That's awesome!!
    Where do you get your clay?

5. pretty sweet!

6. wow thats awesome. the facial sculpting is great work. the mushrooms and the lizard are a bit excessive, imo.

did u do that in school or at home?

7. home, would never have enough time to do that in school.

8. thats sick dude..what exactly did you use?, how did the head keep sucha nice form..+rep dude

9. thanks bread my man. well i only work with white clay, red clay sucks. and i really don't use that many tools (loop and wire tools, needle, etc.) to shape the head, it's all with my hands for that. then if i want to trim up an area or do some fine detailing i'll use tools. it's getting fired soon, so i'll do some nice glazes and show you guys the finished product.

10. Very nice! If I had that I would paint it fluorescent and put it next to a black light.

11. Sickness, i made a clay cup in art class haha, you have your own kiln?

12. ah no way. my teacher just gives me my clay for free and when i create something new i just let it dry for a couple weeks and then bring it in to be fired.