Late Nite Job Search

Discussion in 'General' started by HT, Jul 7, 2010.

1. #1 HT, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2010
    I'm a 20 year old who loves to just chill, listen to music, and smoke weed. I'm up alot at times like right now (4;30 am here) on the regular. I've found I dont really do much besides the 3 things mentioned above lately and be I got some bills that are going to have to be paid soon, so I've decided I need to +(add) a job to that threesome cause yeahhh I want to continue driving legally.

So im here, with one quest, quest being to find a chillin job from somewhere like 11-1 at night to 6-7 in the morning where I can do what I love (chill, music, weed if you forgot) and make some money aka do a little work.

If AAANYone has any experiences with over night work please pass on any information like where you might have worked, the shift times, was it a good situation, how you got the job idk just anything to help my search out please.

Even if you have no experience maybe you know someone who has worked night shift and can just say what they do/did or if you got any ideas out of the blue sky there cool too.

1love

2. I currently work for a newspaper company. Whenever I say that people assume I mean that I'm a paperboy, but I actually help put the papers together, get them ready for the couriers, and make sure they get to the people they're supposed to. It's really easy work actually, basically you stack papers all night, or load papers into the machines that assemble them. Every single person I work with smokes weed, except my boss, but she used to so she doesn't even care if we do. We have smoke breaks every 2 hours, so we just go outside and light up a few joints while she sits in her office, and we all blast music all night and just joke around, throw shit at each other, and just have a good time. My shifts start between 9 and 11:30 depending on the night, and I get off between 2 and 4 am, depends on how long it takes us to get done of course.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do, go to your local newspaper and ask for an application for the mailroom. The one I work at hires EVERYBODY that applies, because it seems like nobody knows this job exists. The only people that apply are friends of people that work there. I have 3 friends that I know personally apply and get hired after I started working there. Only downside is it pays minimum wage where I live, but that's plenty for me to hang out with friends, smoke, and listen to music all night :D

3. I currently also work a night job. Its just summer work to have some cash for college(my last semester:hello:). I bag ice at a local ice company. Its a "chill" job im the only person that smokes but its cool. If u have a laptop they have wireless internet open. My shift starts at 11pm-7am. When everyone is coming into work your heading home.

The looks I get from ppl when i walk out of a gas station w/ a case of beer. Priceless!

Good Luck
    Bunga

4. Yo great post, very discriptive, I could picture the job in my head pretty good...and yes it sounds like something I'd like to do haha. I'm going to apply to all the Philly paper co.'s by the end of the week (or ill try lol).

Thanks zandrexia :cool:

Another great post, good visual on that last line about the case o beer, I could see myself doin the same lol.

I have a question tho. how did you get this job?

Thanks for the post and congrats on your near completion of college, BungaJack!

5. Well i got this job kinda like the dude at the paper company. I knew a friend and my brother works there. Never filled out a application just said heres a w-2(said fill it out and bring a bank account # and routing #) and started work the following week.

Thanks for the congrats on almost finishing. I cant wait!
    Bunga

6. yo dude i think prostitution would be great for you. where you at, i've got connections.

7. Leave the jokes at the door man. This guy is trying to get a "real" job. Not one where u get slapped around over 5 bucks.:cool:

8. #8 Trefoil, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
    But seriously, apply for a job as a night porter somewhere, like a hotel, or anywhere than needs someone to stay overnight. im working as a night porter in a hotel, from like 11 till 7 am, its legit, no-one is around, i gotta check the cameras, see the emergency exits are save, vacuum the floor by reception, drink like thirteen coffees, smoke a bowl or two and relax on grasscity. im at work right now hahah, its 3.50 am where im at and im chillin.

i have this amazing spot by one of the emergency exits, its like a dungeon or something for real its got tins of paint and shit in it, fuck knows what its for, anyway, toke up in there.

what man? nahhh nahhh fuck that man we dont roll like that man thats the media, thats bullshit man , thats just a bad portrayal in modern film, its all propaganda, we're victims, we are legitimate businessman, entrepreneurs, the games changed man, for real, we'll keep you safe...

9. I'd try a hotel as a night auditor. Or stocking for Wal-Mart/Target/Best Buy/other stores like that..or maybe a call center.

10. how you get that job?

11. I have a past working in hotels, but im sure you could get the job without it.

A friend of mines relatives own a hotel, they needed a new night porter, he put in a good word.

BUT, i have seen numerous other similar posts advertised in the usual places jobs are advertised lol, if your a young guy, and you might not have experience working in hotels, or are licensed to serve alcohol (a requirement in some hotel night porter jobs) look for something somewhere else, not necessarily in hotels but in a hostel maybe, or wherever, there are loads of places that need night porters, have a look. there might be work in a hostel, hotel etc.

but yeah, im like you, i suit a job staying up all night. if you can't find any night porter things , look for something that will involve u working alone at night :D see what is in your area. good luck.

12. oh ok, thanks for the info. I have zero experience, and dont know anyone who owns a hotel.

I gotta get on my grind.

13. you'll get there, to be honest my experience in a hotel was limited, they didn't ask shit about that, they train you up.

but yeh look in your area there should be quite a few around there usually is.

14. the dead shift sucks balls, im on it right now

about to leave for work... -.-

no1 even comes in the store, only a few and they looks suspicious

oh i work at a liquor store.