Late night stoned thoughts

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Accept nonbeing and you never have to die.

You can be and (do) not be.

Accept duality as one self.

2. What you feel only matters to you.

What you DO to the people you love is what counts.

3. I'm glad an eggplant in my girlfriend's asshole counts.

4. #4 Tuk2, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
    You seem stuck on this, docta...

To believe you have a choice weather or not to accept the "fact" that you exist is contextual evidence that the matter you're composed of exists on some dimension. Your life if you want to call it that isn't even a drop in the bucket.

But I see where you're coming from.... nothing truly exists outside of the meaning behind emotions and thought (not the human kind). The eyes and the ears are a fallacy. Simple catalysts.

5. I often think all of humanity is just a trick played by something on only me, like all the history and stories and facts were made up by an entity to trick me in believing my consciousness. That nothing is really real except me (my consciousness). (Like the Matrix, in layman's terms, but the only one who is real, who can exist in the real world is me, and that the real world is just darkness)

I'm rapidly descending into madness...

OT:
    Accepting not being, and thus not being forever (or in different stages) is very liberating to me. Thanks for planting the seed OP ;).

6. Nothing you are aware of is there without you being there, being aware. Therefore, to understand the (nature of the) myriad things, look inward. Even without you is with you not being there. To let yourself go is to still be there (to be letting yourself go).

Accept nonbeing. Ac

Seems like my work here is done.

7. #7 Tuk2, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
    I think about this ALL THE TIME which is creepy because that means you saying that is yet another false contraption made for me to see exclusively. To take that one... hell two steps further- I often think of this: So if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it does it make a sound? Do the things that arent directly in our line of sight ever even exist? If you turned circles in a room would everything your back is facing, everything outside of your peripheral vision cease to exist until you face it again? Absolutely. As the current incarnation of your mind is the only plateau that exists, period.

I also wonder if every single person to ever live and die on this earth is just ourselves in the next/past life. As if we spend hundreds of billions of years or whatever living all of these lives for the vast arrary of difference we will encounter. Pretty freaky.

8. I doubt you will resolve this until your heart and mind are truly one.

9. what happens if you go into a black hole? that is the brink of our understanding, it's like sqrt(-1) or something. does not compute. but theoroectially we could go check it out in the future, would you go if given the chance?

10. everything has already happened. the very light we percieve takes time to reach our brain. thus the planets and stars we see in our galaxy (through telescopes i mean) are how they looked 4 million years ago(as an example, depending on how far away the body is). were literally looking back in time.
    honestly, anything coulve happened on that planet, in that solar syatem since then. if its even still really there. or there could be a flourishing civilization.

11. Dude, the biggest of black holes is still contained in the abysmal, all-encompassing depths of your own mind.

12. If we go into a black hole we're crushed under our own weight due to the immense pull of gravity at the center. Anything dense enough to pass by a black hole without being sucked up would itself have to act a lot like a black hole.

13. Behold! the mind.

Universe of universes.

14. Love is not a theory
    it's an activity
    that's always reaching out

15. wait so what if, the quantum physics theories are right about the universe being connected, being one? could that suggest that our minds' role is to just be another black hole in the universe seeing as how it is the only way to "travel" through time and other dimensions?

16. don't you hate that feeling

17. There is nothing you can truly know but you.
    No one can truly know you but you.
    You are the one and only, being you.

18. "In dreams, I walk with you...

In dreams, I talk to you..."

Who was he singing those words to?

19. #19 hendrix, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
    true, i think

but what is the point of being if you might as well not be?
    try living up to your full potential? at least at this stage(of being)?

himself?

20. The paradox is that you might as well not be here. But you live and find personal meaning (enlightenment, for example). You're doing something, but from the enlightened perspective it might be truly nothing.

The paradox is only truly resolvable on a personal basis. It can be called acceptance, submission, or surrender. Regardless, it is truly releasing one's desire to force reality in one way or another. It works within you and without you. Simply go with the flow of the myriad things like water flows from high to low, and when you are meant to find your destination, you will realize you are already there.

We're antsy... but what good does it do us?