Late Journal on Afrodite (6 weeks veg, LST, FIM)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by humble335, Sep 3, 2011.

1. #1 humble335, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
    So, I wasn't going to share, but the power of MJ compelled me. :smoke:

This my first time with a micro. I decided to try out Afrodite from Kannabia Seed Co.
    Here are the strain specifics: Afrodite feminized | Kannabia Seed Company

I have her in a cloth pot made of weed fabric in a 16 quart plastic bin with some Organic MG soil mixed with perlite (So going hyrdo on next one after watch MMAdvisor on Youtube). I also used 20-20-20 MG tomato fert. I have some LST going on because she just bushed out. I applied FIM to the tops during the 3 week. I've taken 3 clones from the bottom and will take a couple more before flowering gets to deep. I started out under 4 cfls with a 24/0 light schedule for 5 weeks, but I switched to a 250w mh with 24/0 schedule. I am about to switch to 12/12 under a 400w. I had some temp issues and I think nute burn, but all is still well. For flower ferts, I have 4-3-3 bio-tone and some 15-30-15 liquid.

So, what do you think?

Attached Files:

• 274.jpg
      274.jpg
      File size:
      526.8 KB
      Views:
  2. #2 humble335, Sep 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2011
    I decided to take more pics.

008.jpg

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      179.7 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      234.7 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      390 KB
      Views:
  3. Looks like an excellent LST! Keep it up, they look good.

4. Thanks. I can't wait to see the flowers! I will post weekly updates.

5. #5 humble335, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    Wow, apparently 36 hours of darkness showed a nitrogen or nute deficiency. I had extremely yellow new growth or bud sites. I also gave a small amount of 15-30-15 prior to lights out, so maybe I messed up the balance. I gave her a small amount of 20-20-20 and officially started my 12/12 light cycle. :smoke:

013.jpg

6. #6 humble335, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    Well, about a week into the flower. I did some LST, so I took more pics. I can also see hairs, but not many. The branches are very strong. Roots are starting to come out of weed fabric also. Next time... bigger pot.
    IMAG0029.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Looking good keep it up!

8. So, things are looking great! There are so many bud sites. The little hairs are coming. I'm a very proud parent right now! :D I did have a few problems. A lot of my bottom leaves started turning yellow. I decided to take that as a sign of hunger. I let the leaves fall off and I trimmed the lower sucker buds. I also did LST to expose more bud sites. I hope they get bigger.

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Here are some stem pictures.

IMAG0048.jpg

Attached Files:

10. So here is the end of week 3. The flowers are starting to fill in. There isn't that much thc dust yet, but I do see some sparkles. The plant is getting taller as well. I did more LST for light penetration. I think LST on these plants is the best way for them to grow. I mean, look at all the budsites! :hello: I just need for them to swell up and give me about 3-4 oz, lol. Anyway, here are the new pics.

IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0063.jpg

Attached Files:

11. Here are a couple more pics...

IMAG0065.jpg

Attached Files:

12. More pics. She just looked so nice. :)

IMAG0068.jpg

Attached Files:

13. I skipped last week, but here we are at week 5. I did LST on the middle colas and the tops of the big side colas for light penetration. She is really sticky! I also brought the plant closer to the light. I plucked some fan leaves that were in way. She is drinking more water as well. I started watering twice a week. I think she looks great. Here are the pics. :smoke:

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Thats exactly what i shall do with my ak48 from nirvana - 1 germinated out of 10!! so I'm looking to take clones from her at a later date - 2 weeks in veg and have started some lst to her too. This was a really interesting forum here shame it's stopped here.

Great loking plant btw

15. Thanks for checking in on the thread! Oh, this is far from over my friend, lol. Make sure you FIM all those tops early so that she will get bushy. Also, if you are in soil, give her the biggest pot possible. I dropped a Blue Widow in the same pot as the Afrodite, and 2 weeks later roots were growing out of the sides and bottom. MJ loves to grow!

My cloning process was really bootleg, yet effective. I cloned in soil and used the plastic top from bulk cds as a pot with added holes for drainage. I made two cross cuts (+) on the stem, dipped in water, and then swirled in some cloning powder. I then put them in soil, misted the inside of a plastic grocery bag, and tied that over the top for a humidity dome. I had visible roots, in about two weeks.

I also came across this great thread right here. It shows you how to build a DIY cloning machine. Good luck with your grow. :)

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/444974-lets-build-clone-machine-*step-step*.html

16. Nice to hear from you bud. As far as fimming goes a bit tentative as to do or not for never done before - I'll look for a decent thread about the art of fimmimg. I also have never taken a clone either!

Peace dood.

17. They are looking great!

18. #18 humble335, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
    so we are at week 6 here. I noticed a lot of yellow leaves. I don't know if I am underfeeding or this normal during flowering. Whatever! I let some of LST strings go. There is a trade off in LST is you get more tops by losing the backside to the colas... :eek: win some, lose some. The majority of the hairs aren't turning red, so I am going to go at least 2-3 weeks longer. Here are the new pics.

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Attached Files:

19. Looks alright to me mate - here's a pic of my ak48 at 5 weeks. Been tying and training her since 2 weeks old from seed. Taken some clones 3 being accidently knocked off baby branches and 2 intentional clippings - the 2 intentional ones have new growth so they must have rooted by now.

So first time LST, first time cuttings and first time topped.

What do you all think so far??

:cool:

Attached Files:

20. Took another clone tonight - bottom right plume. Thanks for the advice about cloning humble much appreciated...