Late Gender ID

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by harissteeter, Aug 13, 2006.

1. My friend's garden this harvest was spread across some distance so no plant was near eachother. He had a good number of them, most of them already identified and harvested. My friend went away for the summer hoping mother nature would work like it has for countless years. It had worked for 6 plants of his harvest out of 8. One turned out male. This one however, is weird as hell. Any help would be appreciated:

Attached Files:

2. its a hermi, female with male buds, chop it unless you want seeds in your bud. if you let it relase its pollon it will create feminized seeds on the hermi plant.

3. Wouldn't feminized seeds be a good thing? If it was no danger to any other plants and it has no chance of budding, whats the harm?

edit: Is there nothing he can do to save the plant and allow it to bud properly?

4. There is nothing he can do to make it 'bud properly.' I'd chop it. Unless its miles away from your other plots, then I guess you could let it go.

5. This plant is actually the last one my friend has. It wouldn't hurt to see how it grows but he'll be sure to cut those pollen sacks tomorrow. He's bringing more neem oil out there too since the pests are coming back.

6. Am I to understand this plant is a hermie or a male, and do hermies produce thc?

Extremely high quality pictures of the plant:

Attached Files:

7. Ya, hermies produce THC. They still have female buds, but they also have male pollen sacs, so it is inevitably that their will be seeds in ur bud. The bud won't be as potent seeing that the plant spends a lot of its energy making the seeds, and that takes away from the THC. But if it is the last plant you have left, you have nothing to lose by letting it grow and develop. You will still be able to smoke it, it just won't be as good, and having extra seeds never hurt anyone.

Let it grow and save those seeds for a rainy day. You never know when you might need them.

8. nope

hermi's make hermi seeds

kill em, now

:wave:

9. actually, hermie pollen onto a female plant creates hermi & females, otherwise by itself, you'll just get a decent amount of hermie, really can't tell, its nature's control